I need help from professionals, big airsack both sides

Morgank

Songster
5 Years
Jul 3, 2018
Europe, Estonia
Hi! I need help! Yesterday's and today's hatching (EU time) Very little wyandotte (large breed) eggs, others 3 have hatched perfectly. The last one has big airsack both sides, but he (she) is alive. There is not mutch room. The hatching eggs were very small (not mine ) and yesterday was 21-th day. No crack or little window yet. As he dies there, is there any way to see where his beak is. There is other similar shadows, i dont see the beak. The beak must be near to airsack. If I break an egg, the membrane must not be hit? Or? I'm trying to save, because of this pandemia and other things those hatching eggs were on the road for too long.

If you choose to assist. make sure you are peeling away only the shell that covers the aircell.

There are two laters of membrane, the inner membrane contains blood vessels which when torn will bleed, and you will risk the chick bleeding to death, or an infection.

Once you have the shell over the aircell off, get some coconut oil (warm it up to a liquid - body temperature will do) and carefully apply it to the inner membrane. This should make the membrane semi transparent and help you see what is going on underneath.

I’ve never made an artificial internal pip so it would be hard for me to advise you on it...

This guide to assisted hatching may come in handy as a reference. A safety hole is meant to be made after the chick has internally pipped (through the internal membrane) to ensure that it doesn't run out of air. If you decide to assist, be sure that you candle the egg to identify where the air cells is (from your description, it sounds like a saddled air cell) so you avoid potentially harming the chick or hitting blood vessels. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom