I need help on what to put on a box of eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by angelmarie, Jun 15, 2008.

1. angelmarie

angelmarie Songster

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    I know if you put fragile usually the eggs get damaged and scrambled, i recentely had bought some eggs from sundown and was wodering what should be out on the box, so it will be handled carefully.

2. chickenfeed

chickenfeed In the Brooder

Oct 22, 2007
    North Central Iowa
    Mine have come with "EGGS" clearly marked on all sides and have gotten here with minimal damage. One was also marked "DO NOT X-RAY". "Fragile means nothing to the PO!

3. I ordered eggs last year, and the seller told me that every time the put "DO NOT X-RAY' on the box, that it almost assured the eggs to be x-rayed.

4. angelmarie

angelmarie Songster

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Quote:lol why don't you just write please handle with care, eggs. i think that will be enough

5. okay. I will do that. [​IMG]

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I always put PLEASE handle with care.... had good luck so far.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't think most postal workers care what it says. I had a box shipped recently that was clearly marked that it was fragile and hatching eggs. It also had my phone # boldly written on top of the box with instructions to call me for pick-up. They put the box on the truck, bounced it across countless dirt roads before getting to my house and because I didn't immediately get to the door they tossed it, on its side, agaist the door so it fell in when I opened it.

NOT fond of the PO right now.............

8. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I put "Fragile and Perishable" and " Do Not X-Ray". Mine normally arrive fine. Before I put "Do Not X-ray" on the box, I had reports of deformed chicks hatching. Since then,I have had no reports. I have never hatched a deformed chick from one of my eggs.

9. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Quote:True..Boxes marked this way are bound to be x-rayed

10. I put Babies on Board handle with care. The post office lady today was going to turn my box upside down. She then read the babies on board and said"duh I guess I should read sorry." I have shipped two with that on them and they have arrived safely so far. [​IMG] only 5 more to go so we will see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: