I need help please and any advice on my cat giving birth

Quote:
Not to agrue because every situation is different, but I really think it really depends on the cat. My cat was very young, not even 9 months old when she gave birth and seemed very happy to have me there. Plus, if I hadn't been there, we would have lost two of the kittens senselessly. I just sat at my computer all night long and kept watch, helping when I was needed. I also handled the kittens immediately the next day and they turned out to be the healthiest, happiest cats I have. Sasha never tried to move them after I picked them up to weigh them or love them. She was just there watching them and me. For us, the way I did it worked out just perfect. I think other cats, especially barn cats would probably be a different story.

also..i put advantage on the mom about 2 weeks ago...before i found out she was pregnant...is that safe?..thanks, Wendy

If a kitten is not responsive after delivery or seems like its lungs just have not started you can hold the kitty in your hands like you are praying-kitty nose near fingertips and raise above your head and very quickly swing kitten downward this can sometimes get them going -if you do this a couple of times they usually come around-you can very vigorously towel them too.
good luck

Oh, kittens...I have a soft spot for kittens.

Too cute. I bet she has more just like it!

Yup - the advantage is safe and KEEP IT ON HER the whole time she has kittens nursing (it will keep them off the kittens, too).

Relax. More than likely it will be easier this time.

Awww they are sooo cute! I Love kittens! I had one just like The Black and white one with the white on the tip on the tail, He was my Feline Leukemia kitty, unfortunately he is now in kitty heaven only lived to be Three years old before the FeLeu took him from me.

...:aww...i'm very sorry to hear that!..i know it hurts when you lose a loved pet...
sad.png
..i'm sorry....Wendy

Back
Top Bottom