I need help! Please give advice. Kinda stuck here.

OP says in her other thread that her drake is actually improving after only two days on his new feed. This is great news after @ThatOneFarmGirl786 took a lot of advice, distilled it down into a plan, and put it into action. All this while needing to work together with her dad and arrive at something that would work with her family’s priorities. This is one impressive eleven year old!

Celebrating the improvement in Dawn’s condition with you!

If you can, I suggest you bring a sort of treatment plan to your Dad as an alternative option for both ducks. Make a list of the things that can improve gout and decide what is most doable for you and your family.

Just remember that if they are put down it's not your fault. It's a learning experience and these things happen. It's clear that you only want the best for your animals.

I disagree strongly that you can't disagree with your parents without insulting them. I also don't think any of us here mean to insult your dad with what we are saying. We simply don't all agree with him on the best course of action.

I have always encouraged my kids to speak up. Even more when they disagree with me. As long as they do it with respect. I have made the wrong decision many times. Sometimes because I wasn't will informed.
Keep researching and write out a plan off action . Ask him for maybe 4 months to wait for improvements to happen.
Make sure to thank him for everything he has done up to how to help you and that your willing to respect his choices.
Some people may disagree with him. But in the end if he is a good father then he should be respected.
If he isn't. Its still his house,. His rules.
When your older and have kids of your own you'll one day understand how parenting isn't always easy.
I'm proud of you for doing the best you can considercon what of things are out of your control.
Best wishes to you and your family

My biggest fear is officially coming true. Everything that I have tried to prevent since I got these two little angels. I hate this but, I have made a decision. I have decided that he needs to move on. With me, he's just suffering. I know I said I would try but I just can't stand seeing him like this. We moved him with the chickens and everything is great but, I just can't. He's a lot stronger, I can tell. The ants in our city home did s number on him so his scales or what they're called on his feet have peeled off a bit by his toes ( will show pics but am at our city home) and we think he has hemoroids or whatever it's called. So basically, hemoroids is when you are very constipated and you push to hard so your physical intestine literally comes out. Now, this was a turning point for me. His feet are alot stronger but when I saw the tiny pink piece sticking out of his rear, I just told my self that, I need to let him go. I just absolutely HATE how strong his will to live is.(not in a bad way) it's just that it makes it so much harder to give him up. My dad and I came to an agreement after many conversations and have decided to get another female Pekin from Craigslist and put Daisy and her together while Dawn is still with us and if they get along, Dawn is going to move on and Daisy will have a partner. I hope to see improvements in his feet before he goes and if his hemoroids go away, I might wait a bit to see how it goes. Please offer any advice for hemeroids,etc. We aren't a trillion percent sure that it's hemeroids, but I will admit I noticed he was constipated but had no idea what to do and completely forgot so this is all my fault. I can't really stand the thought of Dawn not being with us anymore, but I know it's what is best. Love you bud, sorry life hasn't been too good for you. I'm literally crying just writing this, can't imagine what life is gonna be like without him. Hope you get better bud.

My biggest fear is officially coming true. Everything that I have tried to prevent since I got these two little angels. I hate this but, I have made a decision. I have decided that he needs to move on. With me, he's just suffering. I know I said I would try but I just can't stand seeing him like this. We moved him with the chickens and everything is great but, I just can't. He's a lot stronger, I can tell. The ants in our city home did s number on him so his scales or what they're called on his feet have peeled off a bit by his toes ( will show pics but am at our city home) and we think he has hemoroids or whatever it's called. So basically, hemoroids is when you are very constipated and you push to hard so your physical intestine literally comes out. Now, this was a turning point for me. His feet are alot stronger but when I saw the tiny pink piece sticking out of his rear, I just told my self that, I need to let him go. I just absolutely HATE how strong his will to live is.(not in a bad way) it's just that it makes it so much harder to give him up. My dad and I came to an agreement after many conversations and have decided to get another female Pekin from Craigslist and put Daisy and her together while Dawn is still with us and if they get along, Dawn is going to move on and Daisy will have a partner. I hope to see improvements in his feet before he goes and if his hemoroids go away, I might wait a bit to see how it goes. Please offer any advice for hemeroids,etc. We aren't a trillion percent sure that it's hemeroids, but I will admit I noticed he was constipated but had no idea what to do and completely forgot so this is all my fault. I can't really stand the thought of Dawn not being with us anymore, but I know it's what is best. Love you bud, sorry life hasn't been too good for you. I'm literally crying just writing this, can't imagine what life is gonna be like without him. Hope you get better bud.

That's a hard decision to make. I'm sure Daisy will be fine, and I'm glad you'll get her a friend.

Back
Top Bottom