I need help someone please help me

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
So as I had posted I have a sick chick well he was fine and dandy when I checked him today at 5:30 AM but around 6 before I left he was very tired looking closing his eyes while standing and he stretches his neck up and opens his beak to seemingly take a breath he was eating fine but when I felt his gizzard it was empty I don't know why I have him alone but close to the other I don't wanna cause and outbreak amongst the healthy one ,but I have another problem one of the chicks gizzards always remains full is that normal is that bad he keeps eating but I fear it may rupture anybody got ideas?

Not really the sick chicks crop is soft and feels like its full of water ,the other chick seems healthy but his crop is always full and it's kind hard not rock hard but like if it's full of food and it's only those chicks the other that are different are completely healthy

I would try some nutridrench to keep it hydrated and give it some calories in the immediate term. Hopefully someone can chime in with what might be wrong.

Thank you for your help I am gonna try feeding the sick one with a syringe to administrate the food with water,the other one just really freaks me out his gizzard is like about to pop,every time I buy an animal I'm the pet shop the seem to be sick I'm no vetenarian but I have methods but I just feel so bad they they're sick

Yeah sounds like one had sour crop and one had a crop impaction. I just went threw this not fun. I had to get the feed our of the one with sour crop which was difficult and get the others to pass. I used nutradench on both to keep vitamins going in and used olive oil and a touch of mineral oil on the one with the impaction and massaged it. Then I dewormed everyone. And now I check crops every morning cuz I want to get started fixing that if it happened again.

My chicks crops are full and semi hard if they have food in the brooder. My Cornish cross taught my leghorns to binge eat. They all attack the food until they are full then pick at it continuously for the entire time I leave it with them. I don't think that one is sick. It's just a glutton. IDK about the empty crop chick.

Thank you for your help I am gonna try feeding the sick one with a syringe to administrate the food with water,the other one just really freaks me out his gizzard is like about to pop,every time I buy an animal I'm the pet shop the seem to be sick I'm no vetenarian but I have methods but I just feel so bad they they're sick

Feed the one with the oversized crop some soft crustless bread soaked in olive oil that should help lube things up and get it moving. I would hit the other with nutradrench asap and maybe try not feeding to see if the liquid will go down on it's own. If not you may need to flip on upside down and try to get that out cuz its fermenting in there and that's not good.

Back
Top Bottom