I need help someone please help me

received_680217759044269.jpeg

Go outside and dig up some sand or get parakeet grit. They need grit.to digest the corn.

Parakeet grit is a great idea.

It is a good idea to give chicks dirt/sod anyway to help develop their normal flora and entertain them. That should be a fairly quick thing to do. Just dig up some grass and dirt and provide to to them. It gives them something to scratch around in.

Parakeet grit is a great idea.

It is a good idea to give chicks dirt/sod anyway to help develop their normal flora and entertain them. That should be a fairly quick thing to do. Just dig up some grass and dirt and provide to to them. It gives them something to scratch around in.
Alright thank you I usually let them run around in dirt

Listen.

Provide them with chick starter only. They need to have food available during waking hours. Are you only feeding them 2 times a day?
If you are having crop problems, they need to be eating nothing but chick starter. You can find grit at the feed store like Tractor Supply, it's relatively cheap and it is the correct thing to give.

It's very hard to understand your situation. You have one chick that is sick? Is it lethargic, not eating/not pooping?
How old is the sickest one? Does it still need heat?

Are they in that small cage all day? They are going to outgrow that quickly. Since you are having problems, getting them into something larger may help.

Listen.

Provide them with chick starter only. They need to have food available during waking hours. Are you only feeding them 2 times a day?
If you are having crop problems, they need to be eating nothing but chick starter. You can find grit at the feed store like Tractor Supply, it's relatively cheap and it is the correct thing to give.

It's very hard to understand your situation. You have one chick that is sick? Is it lethargic, not eating/not pooping?
How old is the sickest one? Does it still need heat?

Are they in that small cage all day? They are going to outgrow that quickly. Since you are having problems, getting them into something larger may help.
Alright then yes I am feeding them only twice a day ,okay the problem is I live in Puerto Rico and I buy them at a pet shop and they don't sell grit

Yes I do precisely he eats and all but is lethargic it opens it beak like gasping for air I believe it's pooping but the one with the gizzard problems isnt ,I believe they do need heat but I dnt have a lamp I don't even know their age

They are in that small cage for now I have two extra bird cages like for parakeets when they get maybe two months old I plan on moving them outside with my duck and them leaving them outside all day to sleep on a tree so yea

Alright then yes I am feeding them only twice a day ,okay the problem is I live in Puerto Rico and I buy them at a pet shop and they don't sell grit
Yes I do precisely he eats and all but is lethargic it opens it beak like gasping for air I believe it's pooping but the one with the gizzard problems isnt ,I believe they do need heat but I dnt have a lamp I don't even know their age
They are in that small cage for now I have two extra bird cages like for parakeets when they get maybe two months old I plan on moving them outside with my duck and them leaving them outside all day to sleep on a tree so yea

I see. Yes, knowing your location is helpful.
Does the pet store have grit for pet birds like Parakeets or Parrots? You can use that.

It's very hard to know, but from some of the symptoms you describe, I would treat for Coccidiosis. Can you get some Amprolium or Sulfa Drugs. The pet store should have something to treat them with. Probably something labeled for pigeons.

They need access to food and water all day, so leave them enough food in their cage.

The one that has crop problems if it isn't pooping, then separate it out with water only for the day. Massage the crop and see if you can get that moving.

Back
Top Bottom