I need help, what breed are these?

I dont think that these birds are like the ones on Feathersite. These look to be crosses of some sort. They are Silkie crosses due to the fact that they have silkie feathering, or two of them anyways. They have to be at least 3rd generation Silkie crosses, the Silkie feathering isnt a dominant gene and when crossed over a regular feathered bird you will get only normal feathers the first generation and second generation. The third generation is when you will start seeing Silkie feathering in the offspring. Hope this has helped you in some way,...

~Casey

Casey is right on with the cross information for the Silkie feathers. I would venture to guess that these are Silkies X White Leghorn. All three are hens. The larger comb and wattles are held over traits from the Leghorn.

Still no eggs, I picked up some egg layer feed today maybe that will help. Who knows, if they are all hens maybe they are just too young or they dont like the weather right now. I have a heat light in their coop 24/7.

Maybe they need time to adjust to their new home before they start laying? Did the auction give you any idea hold old they might be?

nope, nothing at all. I just thought they looked interesting so I purchases them. Maybe not so smart on my side, but I did anyways.

Well, they are awfully darn cute so i don't blame you a bit. Chickens make good pets, they eat scraps and bugs so they are much more good than just for eggs anyway!! Only 3 of my 6 lay eggs and I enjoy them anyway, I use to get eggs from all of them. Don't know why my EE isn't laying, stopped when it turned winter and hasn't started again yet? But she is still sweet, and i don't think the barred rock is laying, i think the brown eggs are both coming from the RIR's, the silkie lays eggs and the game hen that moved into my oak tree, well if she's laying i don't know where yet, probably in the bush but i haven't looked yet. She goes back into oak tree every night not into pen with other chickens and the silkie goes into a box in the barn, so just the other four originals go into the pen. fine with me!

Well just a few days after putting the girls on layer pellets, magically an egg appeared. Yay!!!!!! Hopefully they keep coming.

yippiechickie.gif

wee.gif

clap.gif

what color eggs?

Well its very strange to me, its either a very very light brown, or pink!
hmm.png
But Im not complaining, Im just very proud of her. Its kinda neat actually. I should have some bantam ee eggs coming soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom