I need help with a diagnostic...

Galaxie

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
I noticed my duck (of about 12 weeks old give or take) limping two days ago. It mainly stays in the pond and swims away when we come close, same for the other three.... well today my boyfriend jumped in to retrieve the duck so that we could take a closer look. I noticed a fungus like substance on the web of its foot; almost like Psoriasis on a human... it's not swollen in any way but it does have a minor scratch on the middle toe. I searched up bumble foot and pictures of it, it doesn't look similar to it at all. Please help me diagnose this poor baby... we put Neosporin on the foot and we are keeping her in the bath tub until further notice.

Attachments

• duckfoot.JPG
    duckfoot.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 7
I believe that could be the issue...The scratch on the toe..It looks a bit swollen....you could pick the scab off and use a bit of peroxide on it and keep it dry for a couple of days and then do Epsom salt soaks once a day.....

I believe that could be the issue...The scratch on the toe..It looks a bit swollen....you could pick the scab off and use a bit of peroxide on it and keep it dry for a couple of days and then do Epsom salt soaks once a day.....
We filled up the tub for her yesterday and put some epson salt in it and let her swim around for a little. Then we drained it and she's laying in the tub. She isn't walking around as of right now though. Just trying to give her time.

Attachments

• IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom