I need help with fencing

Chickens&Dogs_12

Chirping
Feb 10, 2018
I had my chickens in their coop all winter. during the winter i got a new dog. i decided to let them out a couple weeks ago and my dog was fine with them didn't really chase them or bark. later that night she killed two chickens. i want to fence them in more but one of my chickens can fly over a 6 foot tall fence, i really don't like them all cooped up but i can't just let them out. Help.

There's a bird/poultry netting that you could put over the top of your fence. Now one will fly out nor will they be picked off but predator birds. My girls are confined, safer for them, my yard don't get torn up & no Easter egg hunt. They're fine with it, get "guilty" treats :)

I had my chickens in their coop all winter. during the winter i got a new dog. i decided to let them out a couple weeks ago and my dog was fine with them didn't really chase them or bark. later that night she killed two chickens. i want to fence them in more but one of my chickens can fly over a 6 foot tall fence, i really don't like them all cooped up but i can't just let them out. Help.

this is the net I bought off amazon to protect my birds but will also clip wings on
them so they cannot fly out

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748HGZD3/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You can clip the chickens wings too. I have cattle panel fencing up for my chickens and will put up a netting in the spring so that they can "free range" within limits.

Back
Top Bottom