I need help with math on Tylovet Soluable!!!

Tania7120

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Ok, I have some chickens with breathing difficulties and was told to get some Tylovet Soluble for them! A normal package is 100 g, but my feed store only had 20 g packets of it.

The instructions say: "Chickens and Turkeys: To assure thorough dissolution, place the Tylovet (contents of the jar or pouch) in a mixing container and add one gallonf water (3790 mL) to the material. Mix this concentrated solution with water to make 50 gallons (189 liters) of teated drinking water."

How do I make this work with only 20 grams??? I would like to be able to use it a gallon at a time as needed over the next 3 days. I don't have anything that will hold 10 gallons of liquid. I only have 15 chickens. However, I also have 2 ducks in the same space. I will have to keep the chickens locked up for 3 days.

Thank you for you help!!!

What does your package say? The instructions you listed are for the 100 gm package. The dosage information for tylosin (Tylan brand) is 2 gm in a gallon of water for 3-5 days. I don't know if you have anything to measure out the packet in weight or in teaspoons or whatever, but it seems that you would need 1/10 of your 20 gm packet to mix in a gallon.

One thing you could do since you are going to need to mix a new solution each day and you may have to throw out the rest is to mix up the contents into a measuring cup, and take out 10% of the mixture, put it into a water container and add water to make one gallon. I am not a math wizard, so please check my math.

Back
Top Bottom