I need help with stuffed peppers, please.

Quote:
cooked...I have just been making that uncle bens wild rice mix and adding it...the seasoning in it is just enough.
My last batch of peppers I got in my garden were too small to stuff because of Iowa's wet summer....my garden was a complete flop....didn't even can a thing.
sad.png

But anyway, I layered that same recipe with the peppers cut in slices on top. My hubby even liked it better!! I guess I would call it stuffed pepper casserole.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
As for putting them up, here's what I do. I cut them in half, and lay them out on a cookie sheet and freeze them. Once frozen, I put them in a ziplock bag and stick them in the freezer until I'm ready for them. They soften when baked, or grilled.

My recipe.

1lb rolled sausage
2 links sweet Italian sausage
1-2 blocks cream cheese
Shredded cheese, any variety you like.

Mix this up, stuff peppers, sprinkle with cheese, and bake or grill until done, usually about 15-20 minutes. For added flavor, wrap in bacon and secure with a toothpick.

I made 100 of these for my son's second birthday party, and they were all gone in minutes. At another party for a cousin the next week, my cousin (Thomas, very manly) cooked almost 200, and they too left in a hurry.

Quote:
I use instant uncooked rice mixed with the onion, meat and tomato sauce, stuff the raw peppers and then cover with more tomato sauce. Bake in oven for about 45 min. Of course, I add seasoning to the meat mixture. Never tried it any other way.
smile.png

Some great recipies here. I usually make a big batch for dinner then freeze the rest. Think about it - most frozen dinners you would buy at the grocerery store are already cooked and you just reheat it in the nuker.

My recipe:
Ground beef, seasonings like salt, pepper, (or a packet of dry onion soup/dip mix) tomato paste, saute'd onion & garlic, cooked rice, and then this last batch I added frozen corn. Put em in a pot with canned whole tomatoes and more tomatoe paste and if you like it a little sweeter add a can of tomatoe soup too. These work great in the pressure cooker, Second red ring (Kuhn Rikon brand) for about 15 minutes and they are done.

My family likes them served with either mashed potatos or more rice and thick slabs of fresh bread loaded with sweet cream butter.

Fresh peppers do not require blanching before you freeze them, I prepare the stuffed peppers set them in the freezer to set up then repack them using the food saver.

Try these other tip's

1=used some Onion instead of rice.
2=Italian sausage and ground beef.
3=some bread soaked in buttermilk and mixed in to help bind the meat and other ingredience.
4=Poke your finger deep down the middle of the pepper filling and fill it with,-- sauce, cheese,and all kinds of neat things, to dress it up some.
5.Be creative this is the perfect dish to experiment with, plus it is hard to screw up hehe.

AL

Quote:
love the idea of number 4

Yea my grandma did this for us kids who each like something different in ours, she was always doing cool things like that.

Back
Top Bottom