I need help with stuffed peppers, please.

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I was given a basket of peppers so I decided to stuff them and freeze them. Should I bake them first? Should I add the, I use, tomato soup while I cook them or just bake them or not bake. I don't know. I never did it. If I don't need to bake should I wait and add the soup when I am ready to eat them? Sorry for all the questions I just want them to be right.

Thank you for your help.

Gin, I have always blanched my peppers for acouple minutes and then added the meat mixture uncooked. Then freeze however many I wanted. I set mine in a cake pan til they feeze up nice and then take them and put down into freezer bags. Works for me. Do you pour the tomato soup around the peppers while they are cooking? If so I'd wait to add that when you pop them into the oven to cook.

love.gif
stuffed peppers Yummy

I've been told I'm the stuffed pepper master....
tongue.png

I boil my peppers to soften them up.

I lb. hamburger....cook this
add onion to your liking
little garlic
cook for about 5 min.
add small can of tomato paste.
small can of diced tomato or fresh...whatever I have.
I add about 2 cups of rice....wild or regular....I do both. I have even used uncle bens wild rice mix and it has good seasoning in it.

I small can of sour kraut....this is the key.

Stuff peppers full and I add a little cheddar cheese on the top and bake until they look done.

Hope you enjoy!! They are delicious....My hubby takes them to work just to torture the guys he works with. I actually have made a pan for them because I couldn't put up with the begging....
lol.png

Quote:
Saurkraut... Yum I love saurkraut in just about everything. Never thought of putting it in stuffed peppers. I can't do the cheese so do you think you could top with cracker crumbs. I know it would not be the same but dairy triggers migraines.

Last edited:
Quote:
Boy all I add in mine are hamburg and rice. I'm going to try yours next time. I put mine in the freezer yesterday and had to save some of them for dinner. DH liked them but wait until he tries yours.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom