I need help with stuffed peppers, please.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ginbart, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I was given a basket of peppers so I decided to stuff them and freeze them. Should I bake them first? Should I add the, I use, tomato soup while I cook them or just bake them or not bake. I don't know. I never did it. If I don't need to bake should I wait and add the soup when I am ready to eat them? Sorry for all the questions I just want them to be right.

Thank you for your help.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Gin, I have always blanched my peppers for acouple minutes and then added the meat mixture uncooked. Then freeze however many I wanted. I set mine in a cake pan til they feeze up nice and then take them and put down into freezer bags. Works for me. Do you pour the tomato soup around the peppers while they are cooking? If so I'd wait to add that when you pop them into the oven to cook.

3. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Yes I add the soup with I cook them. And thanks I will start working on them now. Thanks alot.

4. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] stuffed peppers Yummy

5. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I'd send you some but with the PO being like they are you may not get them for a couple of weeks. [​IMG]

6. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    Never thought about freezing peppers. What a grand idea! I'll try that next year when I get more peppers.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I've been told I'm the stuffed pepper master....[​IMG]

I boil my peppers to soften them up.

I lb. hamburger....cook this
    add onion to your liking
    little garlic
    cook for about 5 min.
    add small can of tomato paste.
    small can of diced tomato or fresh...whatever I have.
    I add about 2 cups of rice....wild or regular....I do both. I have even used uncle bens wild rice mix and it has good seasoning in it.

I small can of sour kraut....this is the key.

Stuff peppers full and I add a little cheddar cheese on the top and bake until they look done.

Hope you enjoy!! They are delicious....My hubby takes them to work just to torture the guys he works with. I actually have made a pan for them because I couldn't put up with the begging....[​IMG]

8. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Saurkraut... Yum I love saurkraut in just about everything. Never thought of putting it in stuffed peppers. I can't do the cheese so do you think you could top with cracker crumbs. I know it would not be the same but dairy triggers migraines.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  9. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:Boy all I add in mine are hamburg and rice. I'm going to try yours next time. I put mine in the freezer yesterday and had to save some of them for dinner. DH liked them but wait until he tries yours. [​IMG]

10. derby

derby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Boonsboro, MD
    Dumb questions - do I add cooked rice or uncooked rice?

Bake at 350?

For about how long?

Thanks,
    Derby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by