I need help

hensanpitbulls

In the Brooder
May 12, 2016
Georgia
So I'm just finding the difference between un-fertilized an fertilized eggs, I want to hatch the fertilized eggs,but I have certain hens im letting my roosters mate with,i know which ones are which can i separate those eggs from the non fertilized eggs an where should i put them since i dnt have a incubator?

If your roosters have access to all the hens, all eggs should be fertilized. If you don't have an incubator you can't hatch chicks unless you have a broody hen. Eggs become less viable for hatching after about seven days of storage in room temperature, so don't keep them long.

Don't refrigerate eggs you want to hatch and don't wash them.

If your roosters have access to all the hens, all eggs should be fertilized. If you don't have an incubator you can't hatch chicks unless you have a broody hen. Eggs become less viable for hatching after about seven days of storage in room temperature, so don't keep them long.

Don't refrigerate eggs you want to hatch and don't wash them.
Ok thx

I would get an Incubator then start collecting eggs to hatch. After you have what you want t hatch then pt them in the bator. Set the bator up a couple of days before so you can adjust and set temp. and humidity allow it to stabilize before putting the eggs in.

I would get an Incubator then start collecting eggs to hatch.  After you have what you want t hatch then pt them in the bator.  Set the bator up a couple of days before so you can adjust and set temp. and humidity allow it to stabilize before putting the eggs in.   
Yea that's what im gonna do,

Have the incubator up and running before you start collecting eggs. Put some water bottles in it, about 1 - 2 bottles/dozen eggs you intend to set while you are adjusting temp. Read ALL of hatching eggs 101 in the learning center before you start. Good luck. Do you have a place to brood them? (2 sq. ft./chick to see them through the entire brooding period, and I recommend using a heating pad brooder) A coop big enough for them? A way to initially separate them from the older birds? An exit plan for the roos???

Back
Top Bottom