I need help!!!

DayVM

Hatching
Dec 11, 2020
I have a male and female quail. I had them for awhile now and my female has begun to lay eggs. But today she died and now I only have the male and the five eggs. I’m not sure what to do. But I do know that I want to raise the eggs I’m just not sure how to. I need help but if I don’t know what to do or I now I can’t provide for the eggs 100%. My parents would eat it since you could do that. But that’s my last option. Help me please.
Also, My male has been constantly calling for her. Is it okay to get another female? If so right away or give it time.
Thank you.

What kind of quail? Do you have an incubator?

Yes, get another female, if he's coturnix, get 3-5 females.

i think he is a coturnix. I don’t have an incubator and I see they are expensive. Would you recommend a cheaper one. And I do plan on getting more females for the male. Thank you so much.

Without an incubator, you're not going to get chicks, so you may as well let your parents eat the eggs. The only other option I can think of is if you know someone who has an incubator and can incubate them for you.

i think he is a coturnix. I don’t have an incubator and I see they are expensive. Would you recommend a cheaper one. And I do plan on getting more females for the male. Thank you so much.
[/QUOTE
From my experience, the more you pay for an incubator, the longer it lasts. But for just 5 eggs almost anything will work. Also, it’s important to find out why she died so other quail don’t suffer the same fate

Without an incubator, you're not going to get chicks, so you may as well let your parents eat the eggs. The only other option I can think of is if you know someone who has an incubator and can incubate them for you.
I understand. Thank you for your help.

Your only option besides an incubator would be if you know anyone with a small broody bantam chicken hen, sometimes people use them to hatch quail, but you need to remove the chicks when they’re hatched.

Hi there I used a pet mat and hand turned the eggs and managed to.hatch 2 quails ... u will need a temp and humidity gauge but I got one to $6 add more water surface area for lockdown... good luck 👍

Back
Top Bottom