I need help

Konan_FT

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2021
My budgie has been humping like crazy. He can hump for hours. When he gets tired he stops and then starts again. But he's humping on my female cockatiel like crazy. She was born with weak legs so she can't really stand. Her feet is all crooked. My budgie takes advantage of this situation and keeps humping on her like crazy. She tries to fight back but can't, I try to stop my budgie but he bites me for stopping him. There is red red stuff on my female cockatiel's back. I have tried separating them both but he goes insane. He is desperate to see her and keeps running Infront of the gate. This keeps getting worse. When they were together he wasn't even letting her eat or take a bath, he took every opportunity to sit on her back and hump on her. I have 3 more cockatiels and 1 budgie but this one is the only one who is so horny. My other birds who are older than him, haven't humped even once, nor they have mated. I let my horny budgie out but he clings onto my female cockatiel's cage and keeps looking at her like a creep. He just wants to hump on her. Even when she flies, he tries to sit on her back midflight. He literally has no chill and there is this red blood like stuff on the back of her wings. Sometimes I leave all my birds out together so they can get along, in middle I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw my cockatiel flat on the ground, she was not moving nothing and my budgie finished humping on her and there was red red stuff on her back. Since then I avoid letting them out together and I separate them. But the biggest problem is that he is so restless, extremely restless because he keeps searching for her like a crazy person, only to hump on her. Please help.

I would put him in a separate cage in a separate room and ensure he is getting more dark hours than light. Long daylight hours will stimulate them to breed. Limiting the daylight hours (this includes electrical lighting as well) to maybe 8 hours and having him in darkness for the other 16 hours means you'll put him into non breeding mode. You could also limit his food intake, removing the food when you make it dark for him, and only returning it when you make it light for him. It may take a few weeks but that should reset his hormones. Your cockatiel shouldn't have to put up with that behaviour.

Cockatiels are actually much more docile than budgies, which can be very dominant and sometimes aggressive birds.

I would put him in a separate cage in a separate room and ensure he is getting more dark hours than light. Long daylight hours will stimulate them to breed. Limiting the daylight hours (this includes electrical lighting as well) to maybe 8 hours and having him in darkness for the other 16 hours means you'll put him into non breeding mode. You could also limit his food intake, removing the food when you make it dark for him, and only returning it when you make it light for him. It may take a few weeks but that should reset his hormones. Your cockatiel shouldn't have to put up with that behaviour.

Cockatiels are actually much more docile than budgies, which can be very dominant and sometimes aggressive birds.
Thank you so so much! I'll def try this out!😭🌸

And correct me if I’m wrong maybe get a strong female budgie if this doesn’t work but please don’t take me seriously I was dropped on my head many times as a child 🤪(very small brains🧠)

Back
Top Bottom