I need help!

A couple of thoughts: Could be an infection of some kind or maybe she ate something bad. Have you seen any other symptoms, like shivering or shaking?

Another thought is to check her feet for injuries or bumble foot. She's pretty young, but if she cut her foot on something or got a splinter even a young duck could get a little bumble. I'd keep an eye on how much she's eating (maybe set up a camera). I wouldn't want her to go too many days without eating.
Thanks for your reply! There is no shivering or shaking. I don’t think she ate anything, unless she got into a flower that could be bad for ducks. I guess I would describe her as being lethargic. I checked her feet they are fine. Thanks again!

I can’t thank you all enough for your replies. I will be heading to Tractor Supply this morning to get the Vitamin B. Going forward can y’all recommend what I could do to rectify this problem. Can I ask what specific feeds you all are using/ brewers yeast or nutritional yeast. I just want the best for these little ones, they are my children’s pets and mean so much to us. Thanks again. :)

The feed your ducks are on only has 25mg. of niacin per pound and the recommended amount per pound is 55mg. Also with swedish being a larger breed they often need more niacin than many other breeds. I would start with getting Durvet's B complex at your local farm store and giving 1ml daily orally (do not dilute in water).
Thank you for your helpful reply. Would you mind telling me if the rest of the feed’s nutritional values look ok? And this way I just supplement for the missing niacin? Or would you suggest I switch to a totally different feed? Thanks again.

I buy my Nutritional yeast from Ebay it's [Now] brand. Ibuy it by the 10lb. since I have 31 birds.
The feed I buy is Natures Crest I feed my flock of chickens ducks and goose the same and they all eat the Nutritional yeast.
ask all the questions you want we're here to help if we can.

I buy my Nutritional yeast from Ebay it's [Now] brand. Ibuy it by the 10lb. since I have 31 birds.
The feed I buy is Natures Crest I feed my flock of chickens ducks and goose the same and they all eat the Nutritional yeast.
Great thank you so much! I’m at TC now, and I’m looking at the Purina duck feed… it has the same amount of niacin as the feed I’m using… 25mg per pound which apparently isn’t enough. But I got the Vitamin B complex and will get the nutritional yeast asap. I have some at home already as I’m a vegan and my dr recommended I supplement with that! Ha.

Ok I see the nutritional yeast on eBay. Can you tell me how much you are mixing into their feed? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom