I need hygrometer help!

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
I purchased a new hygrometer and thermometer from petco the other day. According to the salt test, my hygrometer is 7 degrees off. The thermometer is perfect. Well, my incubator is at 99 degrees fahreinheit, but my hygrometer says only 26 (after subtracting 7 degrees). I filled the whole bottom of my incubator with water and it still isnt budging. I have now come to the conclusion that my hygrometer is junk. I am now looking for a digital hygrometer/thermometer. What is the cheapest, most effective thermometer/hygrometer combo and where can I purchase it?

Thanks for all and any input.

I never calibrated my hydrometer. I have had great hatches. I don't think that humidity is as important as temp until lockdown.
I just followed the instructions on my incubator.

I have three different hygrometers in my incubator and all three have different readings -varying about 20 percent.

I fill my center trough of the hovabator 1588 and re-fill it whenever the humidity drops (about every 2-3 days).

Seems to work fine. Way better than worrying about the reading on a hygrometer that may not even be correct in the first place.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom