I need ideas for water pans "pools" for my 2 week old ducklings

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
They have outgrown their rubbermaid hot dog pan. LOL
Due to the coronavirus, as you know, paper towels are at a premium and I'm going thru paper towels like crazy wiping up water and poo.
Just wondering if anyone had found or knows of a 3 to 4 inch deep plastic container that 2 ducks could play in that might keep some of the water in there. *laughs*
It has turned cold so no going outside to play yet.

Is this for unsupervised water play in their brooder? I don't think there is any container that keeps the water in, ha!! I find a glass 9x13 baking dish works rather well. They can't tip it over anyway, and it's enough water for them to play in. For supervised short swim times, we just use the laundry room sink or bathtub.

Is this for unsupervised water play in their brooder? I don't think there is any container that keeps the water in, ha!! I find a glass 9x13 baking dish works rather well. They can't tip it over anyway, and it's enough water for them to play in. For supervised short swim times, we just use the laundry room sink or bathtub.
They drive me crazy until I give them their play water....cheep, cheep, cheep! :lau

Bathtubs work really well. Fill it only deep enough that they can still touch the bottom in the shallow end. Once they're old enough that they can float and swim well (I forget what age that is), you can fill the tub right up so they can dive and get in a really good swim. In the brooder, though, I only let them have their drinking water.

Switch to using a washcloth/rag for mopping up or use newspaper and then a cloth ;)

Bathtubs work really well. Fill it only deep enough that they can still touch the bottom in the shallow end. Once they're old enough that they can float and swim well (I forget what age that is), you can fill the tub right up so they can dive and get in a really good swim. In the brooder, though, I only let them have their drinking water.

Switch to using a washcloth/rag for mopping up or use newspaper and then a cloth ;)
Finally I got paper towels...they are really messy but they love their "pool" LOL

Back
Top Bottom