I need name suggestions for my new dog (pics included)

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
The last time I couldn't come up with a name, I posted here and you guys gave me the perfect name, so I'm trying it again. A stray came up to our house Tuesday, and we are going to keep her. It appears she was dropped or something. She's pretty young, and a huskey. We have another huskey that was a rescue dog, and her name is Maya so I want something that sounds good with Maya and isn't too similar so they won't get confused. I really want it to be "sled dog-y" but I don't really like a lot of the names I've found online. They just don't fit her. Anyway, throw out any suggestions you have and hopefully something will stick.

017-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks you guys, she is really beautiful. Just very very thin and not well taken care of. Huskeys are not a common breed around here at all, in fact I think in my neighborhood we are the only one within 10+ miles that has one. I only know of one other person in town that has them. I'm just grateful she wound up in our yard and that someone happened to be here to put her in the pen until I could come home from college and introduce her to the other dogs and bring her into the fence. (my mom just had a knee replacement or she would have done it.) She's really sweet, just needs a little fattening up and a name. Tundra was actually on my list, but I'm just not sure it really fits. She's super playful, energetic, and strong as an ox (even at her weakened state. Cannot IMAGINE what she will be like at full weight.)

Please do post a found notice and let the area shelters know about her. She may have an owner searching. Huskies can get a long way from home, I know the rescue here has found dogs 30 miles plus from where they were lost. She may have been loose a while, but huskies are also notoriously poor eaters esp when young and can look nearly starved when they are not. Having had dogs get loose myself, I am always sympathetic to the possibility that someone might love that dog, you just dont know the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom