I need patience! (pics of the chicks added :D)

Since (as the title says) I'm impatient, I called Ideal and they have shipped out already. They should be here tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning they said.

wee.gif
D.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
woot.gif

I too am getting 15 chicks from Ideal either tomorrow or Friday!!! They shipped today! Very excited and nervous all at the same time as it is getting cold in Indiana! I called the post office today and they said they would call as soon as they get them!!! YAY
wee.gif
ya.gif

I just hope they stay warm!!!!!!!
fl.gif

I'm way ahead of you guys.
big_smile.png

I let our PO guy know early this morning that we were expecting them, we do it every time. The guy who works at our PO is awesome. He actually likes listening to the chicks, and was very upset (and extremely helpful) when our ducklings got..damaged previously.

They're here!
big_smile.png

The PO guy called at 8:15 for us to come pick them up. When we got there he was peaking in the box saying that they all looked good and asked if we were ready for some chickens.
tongue.png
Then he said "They look like ducks!" .. not knowing that there were also 2 ducklings in there.
wink.png

Anyway, 8 little bantams.. and I think 6 or 7 naked necks (i'll recount shortly) as extras.. and I think there are a couple standards as extras too. I hope I get lucky and a few of the nakeds are pullets; I love them.
big_smile.png
Oh, and of course, the little Pekin duckling & Blue Swedish.
smile.png

Quote:
That's exactly what we got in our shipped the 22nd. The 10 we ordered, plus 15 peanuts. We live in southern NM, tho, so the temps are really warm and I didn't have to worry about weather.

Maybe I should do some more research on hatcheries. Everyone I looked at required that you purchase 25. Not a problem for me as I like big quantities and ordered 54, got 59 and only 1 fatality. I need to look up ideal for future reference. I feel like a kindergartner in a high school class.

I'll get pictures as soon as I find some batteries. I didn't think to check the batteries in the camera BEFORE the babies got here.. That should of been done when the brooder was being set up, it's almost just as important.
tongue.png

Minna, I really like Ideal. The people there seem to really enjoy their job and are very friendly, where as the past hatchery I have dealt with (McMurray) seemed like everything was a bother, IMO. I also liked the fact that I did not have to order a minimum amount, I only had to pay a 'small box' fee with Ideal - they also seem to have a lot more breeds than a few other hatcheries I have looked into. Oh, and we could mix species with Ideal, as with McMurray you could not mix ducklings and chicks, or turkeys, or guineas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom