I need positive stories of guineas raised by chickens.

We had a broody chicken hatch 10 keets, 1 died w/in a day w/splayed legs and 3 other ones vanished. That was 3 months ago. We now have 6 guineas that are wonderful. She did an awesome job raising them. They hang out with all of our free ranging chickens, come in the coop at night etc. Unfortunately their mama chicken that raised them was killed by something a month ago
rant.gif
but they are doing awesome - and all of the other chickens (20 of them) have taken them under their 'wings'. they all get along great - your's will, too.
thumbsup.gif

years ago I obtained 2 keets....one blue and one white and tried to introduce them to my small flock. They were treated as well as a chick can be expected to be treated by older chickens......bad!!! There was one hen; a barred rock that adopted them from the start. She was my only barred chicken and this might sound silly, but I figured she saw a similarity is their colorings and with hers. Whenever one of the chickens tried to bully them, she would run to the rescue and stand in front of them all fluffed up and make a chicken growl. They learned that she was "Mom" and began running to her when they were nervous. They would even be seen sometimes in the hen house, waiting for her to lay her egg. We enjoyed watching them with her.

Back
Top Bottom