I need serious advice here with a tumor found in my cat *gross video/*

I uploaded a video also..
its on the fisrt post... maybe you can see it better??

Found this online, it is a picture of a feline kidney, might help as reference.

1845_kidney_during_transplant_surgery.gif

Quote:
I am really freaking out now! it DOES kinda look like her kidney! (the shape is correct..) OOh my gosh..i cant even ..
what if it is? What the heck!?
barnie.gif

ETA..although looking at the pic again.....the tumor thing is bigger than the kidney in your pic....
maybe it was her kidney..but it was diseased? omg... i dont want her to suffer..
i already called the vet... they siad it would cost like $170... i'm going to see if i can bring it in to them tomorrow...
and thanks for the pic lockedhearts
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Redhen,
I'm going to the obvious but I really don't know.

Seems like it could be an ovarian tumor. Maybe it is the missing ovary???

Imp- Sorry Gibby and you are going through this

Side story- My first cat I got from the Humane Society. I took it in for the free spay at a local vet. When I went in to pick her up the vet said she only had 1 ovary as well. He followed the other fallopian tube all the way to her throat and never found it. Said if it was still there she could never get pregnant. Then he tells me that she was missing several organs and had a couple of unknown and unrecognizable organs. So he opened her up completely because he was curious. He didn't think there was anything that would hurt her. I never went back because I was so angry he opened her up.

BTW she lived for 13 years. Hope you as fortunate as well

Quote:
I am really freaking out now! it DOES kinda look like her kidney! (the shape is correct..) OOh my gosh..i cant even ..
barnie.gif

Maybe it isn't a kidney, but I certainly would make sure your vet knows everything. I am not a vet and I am sure there is a good explanation for this.

Quote:
barnie.gif

Redhen,
It's not that hard to do dialysis on a cat at home. If they cooperate. I'll come show you.

Imp

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
sad.png

maybe that IS why she was spraying?? And i was getting mad at her..
hit.gif

What the heck!! That does look like a kidney, but all innards kinda look alike to the inexperienced, right?

I really hope she is okay!

Imagine if the humane society removed one of your cats vital organs.... wow!!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I feel your pain, Red. I will be thinking happy thought for you and Giblet
fl.gif
and praying that it isn't cancer.

Could be just a benign tumor of some sort. I highly doubt it is a kidney.

Back
Top Bottom