I need so opinions on making a tough decision (for me atleast)

I think you have to consider what the business side would be.

Peacocks are an ornamental pet for estates, mostly - the feathers come in from other countries for crafts, so that isn't really a market.

Ducks, on the other hand, can be raised for down, meat, eggs, breeding animals or pets, so they are a lot better business proposition.

What about Turkerys?

Their very yummy, and great gaurd dog
wink.png

Quote:
I only have two adult peas and one yearling (and to me they just sound like a cat fight). I think how tame they are depends a lot on how much you handle them as babies. I have heard of some that will fly up to your shoulder, and a lot of folks have them eat out of their hand. Mine aren't that tame, but they still make me smile. I also have read here that the greens and high percentage spaulding can be very flighty. If you hop over to the peafowl section, you can find lots of info on them as well as some really nice videos of members and their peas.

Last edited:
We don't have a pond for our ducks and they are very happy and healthy.

Ducks are the funniest, cutest, most charming creatures in the entire universe. They make wonderful noises, they are very busy doing all sorts of cute things all the time. They are unbearably cute as ducklings and if you play with them a lot they stay very fun to pick up and be with. They love it when it rains and they love to go in the yard and poke their bills into the wet grass for bugs.

Mine are hysterically smart - they know where the dog invisible fence is and they walk along it and watch the dog have a fit. They are like little clocks, too, at the same time every day they line up for dinner and quack for us to let them in - if we are late they come to the porch and get us.

Ducks are the finest and most absolutely great birds.

Back
Top Bottom