I need some advice! DH's Birthday, to Disney, or not to Disney....

I've never been to Disneyland, but worked WDW for many years. Disney can be fun and romantic for adults. If you've never been without the kids, you should try it!

I'm a girl, and I vote for Death Valley!
cool.png

I went to Disneyworld when I was about 8 years old, and have NEVER wanted to go back.

If someone gave me this trip as a gift it would be an absolute nightmare. ( I'm in my 30's, now ). But then again, I hate amusement parks...way too many people and way too much stimulation.

Then again, the Death Valley thing would probably freak me out a little, too. I have issues. My husband would probably love it, though.
hmm.png

Why don't you give him the choice between the two and save yourself the trouble of worrying over it?
cool.png

Oh dear! Looks like there are pretty much an equal number of votes for both!
lol.png

@Spacecowgirl: I would ask him, but I have a thing about surprising him haha. In the classical words of a woman, "It's not as fun if he knows what's happening ahead of time"!

Here is some more specifics that might help in the decision making process...

He is a bit of a city boy. I have taken him camping a couple of times, and he really likes it. I just can't decide for certain if Death Valley isn't a little too extreme at this point in time.
He has only watched a very few kids/Disney movies, mostly at my request. Evidence of a horribly deprived childhood IMHO
tongue2.gif
Can't decide if that's a pro or a con for the DL trip.
He has a bad back. We would likely have to bring a couple air mattresses for the DV trip, as I intend to have us tent camp if we go.
Crowds and "crowd mentality" do sometimes stress the both of us out sometimes.
We *did* just get a new tent for Christmas.....
But we have never ever stayed in a hotel together either....

On second thought, I think that list is making this harder!
lol.png

I am here to tell you that Death Valley in February runs around 72 degrees. UNLESS there is heat wave. It is not unusual to have 90+ temps there in February. The best month for Death Valley is November and December.

Being a Disney freak, I would say DLand. We used to have passes and went every weekend.

Just to warn you, I am not going to help!

My son and his GF have had Disney passes for a couple of years, they love driving down and going. They usually stay in a cheaper hotel, eat outside the park and do the fast pass thing. One of my friends had her wedding there and really loved it. Check out AAA if you have their card and you can probably get tickets for a better price OR Costco! They sell park hopper and multi day passes. I would love to go to Disneyland and have not been in over 10 years....Maybe for my birthday...hmm

Death Valley http://www.carolsimages.com/National-Parks/Death-Valley/4199985_jmGcSn#245485292_KP8fJ http://www.carolsimages.com/National-Parks/Death-Valley-2011/15901722_xKfHpH#1192462514_AKaVp

I
talked my son into a spring break class there! I love Death Valley, if you are going to camp-they have nice hot showers and you can go to the restaurant at Panamint Springs. Pretty good prices on rooms too. Nice family that owns the place. And fun to watch the bats take off from the lawn.

The Campground at Furnace creek is nice too, no showers. Lots of things too do. Might be a tad warm in the day and chilly at night.

A bonus, is ice skating on the lakes if Tioga Pass is still open, stopping at Mono Lake, visiting Mammoth, and the Alabama Hills in Lone Pine http://www.carolsimages.com/Travel/...nd-the-Alabama/4132422_C5DhCd#241155195_dpBc6

My SO would love, love, LOVE to go to Disney. I would definitely go with the Disney trip.

Bottom line is, though, I'm sure whichever one you choose, your DH will love it either way. It's the thought that counts, right?
wink.png

it really depends all on ur dh and what he likes also your budget as unexpected things could happen. have you talked to him about oth places before? if so which did he really want to go to. if you want to talk about it now as a future vaction i would do that and then for his bday if its not a long trip blind fold dh for the sirprise.

Ok so I *think* I have made a decision!!!

Drumroll please....

Death Valley! It's less expensive for a longer trip. And we will get to have lots of alone time with nothing but us in that big beautiful untamed desert
love.gif
I don't think he would have been able to enjoy himself quite as much with the crowds at Disney anyways.

We will DEFINITELY have to go to Disney sometime in the future. But I think the Death Valley trip makes a better Birthday present.

Thank you all so much for your input! It really helped
lol.png
I will be sure to post lots of pics
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom