I need some advice...egg bound hen? Infection?

Waiting to hear of the news from the vet.

Ok, so the vet just left. She is as stumped as me. She took a feeding tube and put lube farther up her vent just in case there is something there. Upon examination if you go farther in her vent area there was something oval shaped, but not as big as an egg. There was a nodule that came out and it looks like pus, so we are thinking of some type of abscess.
Plan of action is to start antibiotics, she gave my Tylan, but I am going to start baytril, do another warm bath and see how she does. If that doesn't help, then we will go from there.
@casportpony here is a picture of the nodule/ pus thing.

Well, the plot thickens. I am happy so far possible treatable

I know! She still eating her treats, if she goes down hill, then I will tube her food/ water. The vet has no idea what's going on, she is leaning towards some type of abscess. Who knows?? All I can do is make sure she comfy and not suffering. I put her on baytril and put the tylosin in her water. Lol....she won't drink the water cuz she knows there's something in it. Smart little booger. Well smart for a chicken. ;)

Some hide their attributes because they are frightened and some are just out there and tell you everything I have a girl named talky talk she tells me everything.. I just love them.

Back
Top Bottom