I need some advice Please

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by hairco, Sep 24, 2014.

1. hairco

hairco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2013
    I have 2 females that i need a male with.What breed of a male would u put with these girls[​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    If you put them in with a white male you will know for sure if they are carring two pied genes or one , if the mating produces all pieds then they have 2 pied genes if they only have one pied gene they can produce blues, white and pieds.

If you put them in with a blue split white you can get pieds,whites and blues .

If you put them in with a pied male with one pied gene they can produce white,pied and blues.

3. hairco

hairco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2013
    So which one would u put them in with

4. EyeKeyYou

EyeKeyYou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    Nice pied hens. I personally like pieds it is the favorite of my pens. Get a white male and all you will get is pieds and whites at about a 50/50 ratio.

5. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    White or silver pied, if you chose white their offspring will be whites and pieds, but if you put silver pied with them you will get some whites, india blues white eye and pieds white eye!

6. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    It depends on what you like really. I personally would put a white peacock with them because I would be wanting to breed for pied peafowl, and breeding white to pied gets you some white peachicks and some pied peachicks which is a pretty good deal. When you breed pied to pied you get three different things and thus have a bit less of a chance to get pieds if that is what you are going for. It should be easier for you to find a white peacock also. For me at least it was hard to find a nearby pied peacock when I first got into pied peafowl.

7. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    That is up to you but i would go with white.

8. It is highly probable that those are dark pied birds and not capable of producing white. I would find a silver pied male and use him.

9. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    Too bad you are not closer, I have a 5 yr. Silver Pied male and a 4 yr. white male and would sell either.

10. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    My pied hen produced whites 2 years straight does that mean she is not a dark pied?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by