I need some comfort from the BYC family...

hugs.gif

I'm sorry.
hugs.gif
I think it's the worst when you lose a bird in winter. There's just something much more empty about it. I don't think it was your fault. We have some weak birds that amaze me and stay strong through the winter, without a lamp. Maybe something else was just going on with your loved one. I hope for you, this is the sort of wound that time will heal.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
None of us is perfect but I would think she was a bit weaker than normal for the cold to have done her in. Even when it is not cold you can have one bird bouncing and happy and that evening she is gone. There are not always problems we see nor is always our fault, sometimes it just is.
hugs.gif

So sorry
hugs.gif
............. How come the birds that you don't really care for can stay out in Friget temps, pouring rain so hard that they have icicles hanging from their tails and live to bug you, but those you love die at the drop of a hat?
rant.gif

So sorry for your loss Year of the Rooster.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I know how hard it is to loose one that is close to you. One thing about what your dad said. It was kind of stupid what he said because if she was alone in the eggbox she was not with anybody else to stay warm with. All of your other Sebrights were probably huddled with each other. So not all of your sebrights would have died.

I am certain that you are a good kid and you just need to keep your head up high and move on. That is what I did with our 16 deaths in a couple months. I am sure you remember that. As Walt Disney said "keep moving foward". That is what you need to do. Do not beat yourself up for something that could happen to anybody. I have made very stupid mistakes too. Everybody has. Also I have a question. How old was your Sebright? If she was getting old maybe her body couldn't take the cold.

A couple other things. This is an excuse for you to move to Florida!! Bring your coops down and you can stay with my family!! Lol. Also are you going to get a new Sebright hen? I am not a Hannah Montana fan what so ever but as one of her songs said "everybody makes mistakes everybody has those days" that is very true. Sadly that day came for you. I just thought I should say a few things to make you feel much better. Have a nice rest of the night.
Praying for the safety of the rest of your flocks,
M To The Maxx

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom