I need some ideas!!!!!!!

Sebrightmom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Greencastle, IN
I am a stay at home mother for our two year old son. I need to find something to do to make extra money. I applied at several part time jobs, but no one has called. My husband works all day long. I was trying to find something to do while he is home with our son. I would love any ideas. I am very crafty. I sew, knit, and crochet. I didn't know if anyone makes good money off of ebay. I would love to find something to do at home with my son. I thought about babysitting, but I don't know if I would want to do that full time. I watch my nieces four days a week. I don't know if I want to add another into the mix. Thanks

With your crafty skills, you might want to try to make an inventory of items and sell them at craft shows, produce stands, or flea markets.

My mother in law makes small items and sells them at one of the local produce stands.

She and I have talked about building an inventory together of both smaller and larger items (ie potholders to afghans/quilts and/or stuffed animals) and getting a booth at the local flea market and doing a couple craft shows, we just haven't had the time to start building our inventory yet!

I work full time and at one point sold crocheted baby blankets, afghans, and stuffed animals to people that I worked with. I don't do too much crochet anymore because it hurts my wrists, but I do have a vendor rep that I work with that consistently orders crocheted Carebears in either pink or blue to give as baby gifts...

Sometimes I get orders for items that I've made for myself just from using them around other people... I made myself a quilted purse in June and used it at a party I went to last weekend and ended up with two orders!

Good luck!!!

I have heard of a few people selling handmade things on etsy.com. Since you're crafty, maybe you could make some fun original things to sell online. Looking at this site and seeing what others are making and selling might give you some fun ideas as well. Good luck!!
smile.png

I don't know what the area of Indiana you are in is like, but what about hitting flea markets, garage sales, etc and selling on ebay. My DH is from Illinois and everytime we go out there we hit the flea markets and sales for old farm type stuff, antiques, etc. The west coast is so much newer than the midwest and east (not to mention how new Alaska is!) that we don't find the great old stuff that you guys have. The kids could probably help you too.

Do you bake? With the holidays coming up, I am sure there is market for homemade goodies - not everyone has the time or inclination to cook those holiday goodies. And I don't mean catering or anything on that scale. Maybe advertising "Family Style Holiday Treats" in a local bulletin, or small paper..... Espeically something as easy as candied pecans - you can get 10 lbs at Costco for about $8.00 and candy them and sell them for $10/lb!!

Quote:
You can get 10 lbs of pecans for $8.00???????
ep.gif

I wanted to bake a pie the other day so went to the store for nuts - 1/2 cup was $3.59; 1 1/2 cups was $8.00. Walnuts were higher.

I sell on ebay......I am not crafty in anyway shape or form....but I can bring in anywhere from as little as 25 a month to $500.00 a month.

I re-sell items from yard sales and free items I get from craigslist. I have supplemented us just enough to keep me home. I need to upscale what I am selling to make more. But for us any little thing helps.

My sister is really crafty and sells on etsy and makes from $25.00 to $1000.00 a month!
ep.gif

Good luck! It really can work if you are dedicated to it!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You can get 10 lbs of pecans for $8.00???????
ep.gif

I wanted to bake a pie the other day so went to the store for nuts - 1/2 cup was $3.59; 1 1/2 cups was $8.00. Walnuts were higher.

That's why I said Costco. Last year they were $12 for 10 lbs, but then I saw them for $9 the other day. Costco ROCKS!

Back
Top Bottom