I need some information on the different colors of Silkies

Quote:
I will post them tonight, I really would like some feedback, it would be very helpfull.

So I just put the sevin dust in their areas once a month?

When I change the bedding, I put down some sevin dust first. All new chickens get dusted with sevin dust just to be safe. If I see anybody scratching etc, I will dust them, but everybody is good, no lice.

You can also apply it right to the chicken, just keep it away from their face. Dust around their vents really good and under their wings.

Quote:
So I just put the sevin dust in their areas once a month?

When I change the bedding, I put down some sevin dust first. All new chickens get dusted with sevin dust just to be safe. If I see anybody scratching etc, I will dust them, but everybody is good, no lice.

You can also apply it right to the chicken, just keep it away from their face. Dust around their vents really good and under their wings.

Where do I find it? At the feed store?

Quote:

I found it here at Ace hardware. Thanks for the info...

Quote:

I found it here at Ace hardware. Thanks for the info...

I went and bought some sevin 5, is that the right stuff? Will they be ok if they eat it, I didnt put a lot down just a little for now.

OK DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR BLACK WITH GREY SILKIES!!! They might be Gray, also known as Birchen and good ones are pretty hard to find......

Quote:
I don't know what to do, they are mostly black with silver or grey on their necks and some on the feathers. I talked to the guy that I bought them from and he said that he had all of his Silkies together, black, white and partridge so I'm assuming that they are just a mix. ??

Quote:
"Birchen" does not exist yet, and if it does its on a VERY small scale.

Assigning a name to a bird doesn't make it what it looks like. That bird may not ever throw anything that looks like even remotely like it.

Quote:
Lavender wont be applied for until 2010 I believe, and it may be 2012. I can't ever remember the tenative date.

Showgirls are no where near being accepted into the standard, because no one can agree on one thing, and there isn't a unified goal for breeding them.

Quote:
"Birchen" does not exist yet, and if it does its on a VERY small scale.

Assigning a name to a bird doesn't make it what it looks like. That bird may not ever throw anything that looks like even remotely like it.

I don't want mixed birds and I have some very nice looking Silkies right now and I am just not wanting these few to make what I have look bad or produce mixed colored chicks.

Back
Top Bottom