i need some just YES or NO answers by today at 4:00pm!.PLEASEEEEEE!!!!

Quote:
Yes, they most definitely do eat bees. Chickens rarely bother with them, but guineas are known bee-eaters.

If that were true why is it my flock is not hanging outside of their coop all day gobbling the bees that blanket the clover growing there?

Quoted from Feathersite:

These very noisy birds look like a bunch of AWOL army helmets as they run across the yard. They are said to be good for controlling the Lyme Disease-bearing deer tick. I don't know any research on this, but lots of folk believe it and I sure hope it's true. They certainly range well and eat lots of small things. In fact, if you keep bees, you don't really want to keep guineas. They'll stand by the hive and snap up the bees as they come out. I haven't yellow jacket nests out in the field since I've had these birds.

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/archive/index.php/t-279774.html
According to the posters on this thread...its 50/50...depends on whether your GF have developed a taste for bees.
smile.png

And if you read other declarations from purported knowledgeable people they also kill snakes and mice. Not. I have yet to see mine do more than talk about them. There is a lot of bunk out there about what Guineas do and do not do, the only thing to trust is experience in raising them outside of their basic needs.

I don't know, Robin, I guess you're just lucky. I know beekeepers who have had nothing but trouble with guineas and their hives. So I guess they're going to have to believe one or the other.

I wouldn't worry about it, and if your so worried, why don't you keep your birds on your own property, and you wont have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom