I need somebody to build my invention before the roo has to go...

Dread Pirate Roberts

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
NorCal
I need a "shock anklet" which will zap the rooster whenever he throws down some decibles. Bonus points if the device can be disabled after like 9 am.

It's all well and charming during the day, but what's up with the 0430 wake-up calls? Mr. Sun ain't even thinkin' about comin' 'round yet at that time, so what's the deal with the rooster just sitting there in the dark and crowing his fool head off?

Is there a nerdy engineer in the house?
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I have the same problem only with banties. thats why I am posting at 4:57am.lol No really just a bad allergy attack and I can't sleep. I have noticed that if I get up for some reason an a light goes on in the house its open season for the crowing. Its amazing how the animals know when you are awake even if you don't go outside.

I heard that if you keep him in a cage at night that is low enough that he can't stand up all the way that he will be quieter. I guess it has to do with being able to extend his body to belt it out. just a thunk.

jeremy

you could caponize him, i hear it really calms down those cocky roos, just like when you mix your mad dog or wild stallion. it may be the anser. i heate hearing about roos being stewed/fried because of their rooster-like behaviors.

i don't have alot of info on caponizing a roo, but i'm sure someone who knows about it will step up and tell you.

Back
Top Bottom