I need suggestions!

Quote:
I will put them up soon. I just quit my part time job is weekend so I can focus more on my business. I'll have my soap, lotion bars, lip balms, sugar scrubs, bath oils, bath salts and potpourri up real soon I hope.

Quote:
I can't even buy sudafed anymore unless I want to deal with tons of hassles. It's not fair the normal folks have to suffer because of idiots!

OK, that's my 2cents on that!
gig.gif

Quote:
Of course I'm not going to tell my secrets but I will tell you that you can find the basics of soap making by doing a search online. It is not for everybody. It takes hours to make and weeks to cure. You are in contact with very harmful lye and very dangerous vapors. Just do a search for soap making and you'll see how to make it. I will tell you this, it is almost impossible to find pure lye. Dumb backsidee$ use lye to make meth so it's hard to get.

Npw, I was wondering about that lye business. I might be nuts, but the only thing I can remember about lye was wood ashes. I thought maybe since I saw the firewood in your picture that you might know how to filter your own lye!

Npw, I was wondering about that lye business. I might be nuts, but the only thing I can remember about lye was wood ashes. I thought maybe since I saw the firewood in your picture that you might know how to filter your own lye!

I can make my own lye water but it takes a very long time. Nobody that makes soap for profit makes their own lye water. The soap would be so expensive because of all the time it would take that no one would be able to afford homemade soap!!! Is it actually better to buy it. Not to mention a bad batch of lye water could ruin and entire batch of soap, think grandma's harsh skin irritating soap. Not good.​

Ok so here is my brilliant idea
hu.gif
, I need a milk bath shampoo for my puppy, ever consider getting into pet shampoo and conditioners
fl.gif
??? Maybe a chicken shampoo
D.gif
, hmmmm
idunno.gif
maybe it could happen
wee.gif
Let me know what you think.

Bed and Breakfasts and local hotels could be possible clients. I hate those bargain soaps you find in hotel bathrooms. Maybe if you called, sent samples to the owners, or walked in with your products you could get them to buy/provide them for their patrons!
pop.gif

Quote:
I am in the process of making a dog shampoo bar with cedar and maybe citronella oils. I just have to perfect my recipe.

Quote:
It was short. We (me and DH) went out to Falls Lake and canoed and swam and canoed and swam. We needed a lot of swim breaks because it was near 100 degrees with like 100% humidity! We were only out for an hour but it was fun.

Here's a pic of me and my dog in our canoe...in my backyard.
tongue.png

canoeandbear.jpg

And here's DH and Bear:
PICT0068.jpg

Last edited:
How funny, looks like you all are practicing before hitting the rapids, beautiful dog. Our highs today are supposed to be in the upper 90's, heat index of over 100, yuck.

Back
Top Bottom