I need suggestions!

I also agree with Wren and actually meant to post the suggestion about better pictures but I went into so much detail about the website meta tags that I forgot to mention it. But, I didn't think about the part Wren suggested about putting the berries, oatmeal, etc. in the picture. That's a great idea. You don't need a professional photographer, I took all of my own photos for my magazine ads and my website when I had my vintage jewelry shop. Just take them with a good high resolution camera. Then use a software to compress them to web size. You don't want a 2MB pic on your website or it will never load but you need clearer photos than what you have. I use MS Office Picture Manager (comes with MS Office) and it has a simple push the button feature to compress for web size and it does not lose any of the resolution. My photos on this site and all posts are taken with a 5MB camera and then compressed.

Someone also suggested about going to other shops and trying to sell your soaps as a wholesaler to retailer or on a commission basis. I also meant to suggest that as well because when I had my retail shop I sold jewelry and art and crafts for anyone who came in and needed a venue to sell their work. I believe in helping other people get started in their own businesses. Some of the people gave me a small commission, like 10% and they set their own prices. Others sold me items outright and I set my own price and resold. One young lady who made jewelry brought in her own displays and set it all up and just came back each month to collect on what I had sold. As a small shop owner it was a win/win situation.

Final suggestion I meant to make is E-Bay - not the auction site but the E-Bay stores. You can get one for about $20 per month and link it to your website and your website to your E-Bay store. E-Bay has millions of viewers. I have one for my vintage jewelry and clothing.

Hope these ideas help. Best of luck to you.

Another idea just popped into my head~Lord watch out!! LOL!! Anyways when I worked in an office (years ago) we had a main lobby where the company would let a vendor come in and set up on paydays (of course). We had a massage therapist come one time. A jewerly person and a lady who sold lotions and candles!! It was really neat. We provided the tables and they would set up and sell to us in the airconditioning! Only one vendor at a time was allowed and it was always on paydays! Women in offices will buy anything to take a break from the keyboard!! Especially your stuff!

I had taken some pictures of some products down by a river. I can't seem to find the pictures of my soap but here is one I took of a lavender scented solid lotion bar. I thought that taking the pictures with the river in the background it would look more natural. I need a new camera!!!

solid_lotion-255x282.jpg

Southern28? How do you make you soap I would be interested in what you do what you use, and how you do it, it sounds interesting and might want to try it, You dont have to tell me I understand if you dont want to tell me, and keep it to yourself. As I know alot of peolpe like to say its our secret or something like that

Quote:
Of course I'm not going to tell my secrets but I will tell you that you can find the basics of soap making by doing a search online. It is not for everybody. It takes hours to make and weeks to cure. You are in contact with very harmful lye and very dangerous vapors. Just do a search for soap making and you'll see how to make it. I will tell you this, it is almost impossible to find pure lye. Dumb backsidee$ use lye to make meth so it's hard to get.

Quote:
Of course I'm not going to tell my secrets but I will tell you that you can find the basics of soap making by doing a search online. It is not for everybody. It takes hours to make and weeks to cure. You are in contact with very harmful lye and very dangerous vapors. Just do a search for soap making and you'll see how to make it. I will tell you this, it is almost impossible to find pure lye. Dumb backsidee$ use lye to make meth so it's hard to get.

i like the pic down by the river
smile.png

lye to make meth? those drug addicts will use anything to make there drugs.
smack.gif
:thun
i thought the main thing was the sudafed. i have alot of allergies and sinuses and around here they limit how many boxes you can buy. and the other day i saw on the news that leaving outgoing mail (like bills with checks in them) is bad. someone was busted and had been stealing $40,000 for stealing the mail waiting to be picked up and getting checking account numbers of the checks people were mailing out to pay there bills. this was all "TO SUPPORT THERE METH HABIT"
barnie.gif
he.gif
smack.gif
:thun

lye to make meth? those drug addicts will use anything to make there drugs. smack thun
i thought the main thing was the sudafed. i have alot of allergies and sinuses and around here they limit how many boxes you can buy. and the other day i saw on the news that leaving outgoing mail (like bills with checks in them) is bad. someone was busted and had been stealing $40,000 for stealing the mail waiting to be picked up and getting checking account numbers of the checks people were mailing out to pay there bills. this was all "TO SUPPORT THERE METH HABIT"barnie he smack thun

They use all sorts of stuff. Medicines, household cleaners and yes lye. I have a supplier for my lye and I have to sign a contract in order to buy it.​

Southern-
Your solid lotion bar made me think! My local garden shop/nursery has those at the check out counter. Totally hooked me when I saw them there. I think it's called "point of sale" items or something like that. You know, like the candy bar rack at the grocery check out. At any rate, you might see if some local garden centers and even hardware stores would let you do a small cash register display. You could tailor them to that particular market. It wouldn't cost you too much to make a small display and you could be very specific to draw in folks that might not see your website. Specifically men!
Just a thought!
CG

that is so crazy! my kids and my chickens and peacocks are i guess my drugs of choice, oh and my wonderful hubby
love.gif

never tried drugs don't want to
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom