I need support and my friend needs prayers.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jan 27, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Her husband who is dying from bile duct cancer is now refusing food and drink, so we all know the end is near. I need support to get her through this and she needs prayer for the same thing.

I am VERY sad tonight. [​IMG]

2. HogbackMtnChickns

HogbackMtnChickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    New Castle, Colorado
    Bless you for being there for her. I will send good thoughts to you all three tonight. You have support here.

3. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Our thoughts go out to you and their families. Such times can only strengthen us in the end.

4. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    i truely am sorry for your pain & sorrow, and your friends... praying for comfort for you & his wife and for him.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    So sorry your friend is going through this,... I feel for that poor family. [​IMG]

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh Debi, here is some strength for you to be strong for your friend in her time of need.

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I believe that everyone is put in our lives at a certain time, for a certain reason. You seem to have been put in her life to help her through this. Your friends will give you strength, as will your prayers. You have the biggest heart of anyone I've seen on here; you will surely be rewarded ten-fold for your generosities. Keep your chin up & keep reachin' for the sky!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Debi, I will continue to pray for your strength to comfort your friend and for your friend's husband to have peace and be at ease. I also pray, Debi, that you have someone around you to help give you love and strength while you are being a loving support to your friend and her family.

People like you are a blessing in and of themselves. [​IMG]

9. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    [​IMG]

I hope his passing is swift and brings peace.

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Debi,
    I full well know the burden you carry. This last year watching Robin go through this with her Mother has been gruelling for me. We, as women of course we want to help our friends when they hurt, we want to make it better. I struggled for months with this and I finally just had to tell myself, I am being the best friend I can, doing the best I can just by being there.
    Having gone this with my uncles, I do know that Hospice Nurses are awesome and a real blessing.

I hope you can find peace Debi and I hope that your friend and her husband can find peace. I will continue praying for you all. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by