I need to double check my Silkie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dravus, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Pullet!

2. Dravus

Dravus Chirping

Feb 4, 2018
    Lancashire, England
    just had Tobi out for another good cuddling, hugs and strokings....wouldn't stay sat down for a photo...but I did my best
    IMG_20180427_151203.jpg

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.
  3. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Pullet!

4. Dravus

Dravus Chirping

Feb 4, 2018
    Lancashire, England
    another quick little update...I was getting concerned about Tobi's eyesight due to all the poof.....so after another good cuddle...I got the scissors out and let Tobi inspect them for a good few minutes before getting to work....given what had to be cut...it was very risky

But Tobi was extremely well behaved and stayed very still most of the time unless I pulled a feather by mistake..but finally I managed to give a small haircut
    IMG_20180430_221410.jpg

now Tobi can see clearly again...not so much frontally...but there's only so much I can do with house scissors >->

5. Dravus

Dravus Chirping

Feb 4, 2018
    Lancashire, England
    I think I can confirm Tobi is a pullet....though feel free to correct me

this morning I heard the distinctive triple cluck and crow that I've seen other hens do...though that was egg laying hens....mine isn't old enough for that yet I don't think...though she is 3 months old now

6. Dravus

Dravus Chirping

Feb 4, 2018
    Lancashire, England
    I have another bit of a question regarding Tobi and i figured i'd use my current thread so not to make any clutter

is it normal for a Silkie to have true feathers on the wings?...the majority of Tobi's feathers are fluff but not the wings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: