I need to kill my roo and i cant do it

Pics
My rooster Angry Johnny is so mean I can no longer go outside to be with my birds or garden with out him running up on me and attacking or just straight up looking at me, ruffling his feathers and then charging me.
I just can't bring myself to actually physically hurt him. I feel bad wen I have to hit him with my be good stick. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?
Find someone who would do it for you. We just had to to kill our most beautiful rooster because he started attacking me with no provocation, he even tried to attack me through the electric net fencing while I was tending my garden with my back to the fence. Today was the last straw when he attacked my grandson while he was helping his grandfather feed the chickens. He was gone within a half hour. He was only going to get meaner.

i have raised all my roos from chicks so they all know me well. have you tried restraining him? dont run away when he attacks, he will begin to think he has power over you, which is very dangerous when it comes to roos.

instead run at him and just kick him, sounds brutal but he needs to know who the real alpha is if he dosent wanna become the all new kfc next week

that video should give some tips on how to domesticate an aggressive rooster

also remember that all roos are territorial. my roo koa which is my baby i have him for over a year now from when he was a chick has attacked me before, only once tho

koa attacks anybody else but me so that proves that they feel emotions

and at the end of the day remember that the roo dosent want to hate you, he is just defending his girls. also remember that if he is that aggressive he would make fantastic for hawk and coyote repellant when the girls free range
An aggressive rooster is a bad rooster. He is spending his time chasing and terrorizing you instead of keeping an eye out for danger.

As for kicking an animal, that is abuse, no matter how you spin it.

i have raised all my roos from chicks so they all know me well. have you tried restraining him? dont run away when he attacks, he will begin to think he has power over you, which is very dangerous when it comes to roos.

instead run at him and just kick him, sounds brutal but he needs to know who the real alpha is if he dosent wanna become the all new kfc next week

also remember that all roos are territorial. my roo koa which is my baby i have him for over a year now from when he was a chick has attacked me before, only once tho

and at the end of the day remember that the roo dosent want to hate you, he is just defending his girls. also remember that if he is that aggressive he would make fantastic for hawk and coyote repellant when the girls free range
No on every count.

An aggressive rooster is a bad rooster. He is spending his time chasing and terrorizing you instead of keeping an eye out for danger.

As for kicking an animal, that is abuse, no matter how you spin it.
Thank you for your post @JacinLarkwell !

Also, @Bryce Thomas it's far better to have a cockerel/rooster that respects you instead of being fearful of you. There's a HUGE difference. Some of them are just jerks and like it's been stated many times before, if they're spending time stalking and worrying about the giant that brings them food and water, they're not doing their job defending the flock

so what do you do when you need him and dont wanna kill him but make him friendlier? im the kinda person that doesn't take no/nothing for an answer btw
You either put your project on hold or get a new male. You're only going to get more mean males breeding a mean male. Often times you just can't make a mean male safe, especially with minors around

Back
Top Bottom