I need to kill my roo and i cant do it

Pics
@LilyS, how are things panning out with your rooster?

My favorite way of culling, is a kill cone, and loppers.
To do so, take a tomato trellis, and pound it into the ground so its stable. Then, take a traffic cone about the size needed for the rooster, and lop the end of the cone off big enough for the roosters head to stick out of the end. Lastly, hand the one upside down in the tomato trellis to create a kill cone. You can put a bucket at the bottom if you want, that will catch all the blood.
I will admit, I personally, have never killed anything more then a mosquito. I can't kill a thing lol! I can set up the station, but certainly can't kill a healthy, living animal. If it was suffering I probably could, but beyond that, no. I hope this method helps!

I'll take the blame. I'm constantly guilty for this and I did only offer a recollection instead of actual advice. This has been such a helpful thread! Thanks OP! I need to visit the meat bird section because I have so many questions with all of this new information!!!

Edited: Notorious is a strong word and I'm far from that. Changed it to "constantly"

I'm blaming whoever brought up the CO2 method.
That was simple misunderstanding - they didn't recognize CD for Cervical Dislocation and started looking for killing method with the initials CD... That they didn't eliminate CO2 from consideration I blame on either their chemistry teacher , or their instructor in logic and rhetoric - or perhaps the school board for eliminating the latter class.

That was simple misunderstanding - they didn't recognize CD for Cervical Dislocation and started looking for killing method with the initials CD... That they didn't eliminate CO2 from consideration I blame on either their chemistry teacher , or their instructor in logic and rhetoric - or perhaps the school board for eliminating the latter class.
No, I remember the dry ice being being brought up, then just "CD" confused me.

Back
Top Bottom