I need to kill my roo and i cant do it

Pics
My rooster Angry Johnny is so mean I can no longer go outside to be with my birds or garden with out him running up on me and attacking or just straight up looking at me, ruffling his feathers and then charging me.
I just can't bring myself to actually physically hurt him. I feel bad wen I have to hit him with my be good stick. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?
One thing you can try before beheading him I know all about this if you can run him to catch him 1 you get those spurs cut off then you drive his head to the ground nicely and hold is back down it called domination as you do with a dog! You speak and tell him no way! Only do all this on attack ok and you may need to do this 3 times if he continues you got to do the deed my rooster hated my daughter to a point he ran her in the house and in he came behind her she was 18 those roasters can cripple a child face and as well I read cut a elderly leg vein were she bleed to death! It’s chickens and roosters they have no brain to friends just eat and poop so take it that way if you got to do the deed

My rooster Angry Johnny is so mean I can no longer go outside to be with my birds or garden with out him running up on me and attacking or just straight up looking at me, ruffling his feathers and then charging me.
I just can't bring myself to actually physically hurt him. I feel bad wen I have to hit him with my be good stick. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

One thing you can try before beheading him I know all about this if you can run him to catch him 1 you get those spurs cut off then you drive his head to the ground nicely and hold is back down it called domination as you do with a dog! You speak and tell him no way! Only do all this on attack ok and you may need to do this 3 times if he continues you got to do the deed my rooster hated my daughter to a point he ran her in the house and in he came behind her she was 18 those roasters can cripple a child face and as well I read cut a elderly leg vein were she bleed to death! It’s chickens and roosters they have no brain to friends just eat and poop so take it that way if you got to do the deed
Birds been dead for a week

@LilyS
You did the right thing hands down, no regrets.
One thing I've found since starting a family is that there is a vast difference between what I will put up with personally, and what I'm willing to put my family through.
Sure doesn't make killing any easier, but if its gotta happen, then its gotta happen.
Sorry you ended up in that place, best of luck in the future!

I hope you'll consider showing him that you are the boss before killing him. My rooster doesn't bother me -- all I had to do when he was a slightly jerky adolescent last summer was lean in and stare him down hard -- but he does bother others. He still acts like he's thinking about bothering me but he doesn't attack. My guy carried a fishing net around and scooped him up and held him down a few times -- that made him behave around my guy, for the most part.

The reason I hope you'll save him from himself, other than the obvious, is that having a rooster around is very good for free ranging hens. The rooster's aggressiveness is exactly what is needed when hawks, dogs, and other hen murderers show up!

I hope you'll consider showing him that you are the boss before killing him. My rooster doesn't bother me -- all I had to do when he was a slightly jerky adolescent last summer was lean in and stare him down hard -- but he does bother others. He still acts like he's thinking about bothering me but he doesn't attack. My guy carried a fishing net around and scooped him up and held him down a few times -- that made him behave around my guy, for the most part.

The reason I hope you'll save him from himself, other than the obvious, is that having a rooster around is very good for free ranging hens. The rooster's aggressiveness is exactly what is needed when hawks, dogs, and other hen murderers show up!
The roo in question has been culled.

And a roo does not protect from predators, he will just sacrifice himself. IMO

So, is he going to be executed or rehabilitated?

😂😁😋

Make no mistakes; although I try to adhere a 'mostly humane' Zen Buddhist lifestyle, violent animals jeopardizing any critters in my flock are going to meet Mr Bear, Mr Easton and Mr Broadhead.

♠️

So, is he going to be executed or rehabilitated?

😂😁😋

Make no mistakes; although I try to adhere a 'mostly humane' Zen Buddhist lifestyle, violent animals jeopardizing any critters in my flock are going to meet Mr Bear, Mr Easton and Mr Broadhead.

♠️
fixed broad head for the win 😈😈😈 love my DIRTNAP DRT blades. Except im on a matthews DXT

I had a rooster that was nasty. I grabbed him up by the tail and tossed him out the coop. Then I growled at him. He stayed out by himself all day. When it was getting dark I went out and let him in. He has not come after me since. I did not hurt him, but I did show him that I was bigger than him and would not tolerate his foolishness.
If he’s that aggressive with you then you must put him down. I’m sorry. I know it’s not fun, but start over with a new one and let him know from the beginning that YOU are boss.

Back
Top Bottom