I need to rant, because I am very angry.

Desirai

Songster
11 Years
Oct 12, 2011
Alabama
I'm 23. My brother is 17.

I live with my maternal grandparents, my mom and my brother.

I was living with just my mom but we had to move because we got evicted. Long story.

My brother thinks he is an adult, as do all teenagers.

He's started smoking pot and growing shrooms and drinking. He lost his job because he failed a drug test and got fired.

Now he's stealing money. But we can't prove it.

He doesn't care, he cusses at us, skips school, stays out all night, goes to parties. You know, typical rebellious teenager.

People insist that pot isn't addictive, but I can darn well tell you if it wasn't addicted, then $20 every few days wouldn't come up missing from everyone's wallets.

Today we have each discovered some money missing. Me, $5 is gone. $20 is missing from my mom and $7 is missing from my grandma.

But we can't prove it was taken. Except that I know for a fact I had a $5 bill in my wallet last night when I went to bed, because I got a twenty out of the ATM in 5s and spent some on a Christmas gift, leaving me with $5 exactly.
I'm so angry. If he wants to steal and act like a piece of trash he needs to keep me out of it.

If he were a dog, I would set him up. Video recorder, thief powder, infrared marking pen, etc. Marking pen can be found at office supply places to mark equipment, comes with special light. Marking powder can be ordered, like pen but in powder form and sticks to whoever touches it.

RobertH

got a brother like that only there is 18 years between us

we have been trying to convince his mother (we are actually half brothers) that she needs to boot his rear out and stop giving him the tools to be a mess up...you wanna be a grown-up have fun! You wanna tow the line and help and be a productive member of society great we are there for that anything else is on your own

best of luck...I wouldn't take him anywhere in my car...know what I mean

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would be angry too. Call a family meeting bring it all out on the table about everyones wallet being short, and give him an ultamatum shape up or ship out. I believe in tough love. Also my house my rules. If I am so kind as to welcome you into my house and feed and shelter you then obey the house rules or get out. And now that I am thinking about it I really only had one house rule and that was NO DRUGS. Well anyways best of luck to you and your family. And I hope he sees the light,straightens up, and becomes a good decent, productive member of society.

If he is growing, holding, selling (in addition to the stealing) any vehicle and even the house may be in jeopardy. Tough love - he needs to be booted out. Yesterday.

When you find stolen money call the cops..
OR better idea.. set it up. Get a cheap video camera, set it to record... place your purse where you always do... catch him in the act.. call the cops...
Hes needs to get caught and face the consequences. Or not, and let him keep on doing it. The choice is only yours.
hu.gif

As for him doing drugs/staying out late.. thats your mothers responsibility. If shes allowing it, then its not your issue.
There are many places that parents can get help for problem kids... all your mom has to do is ask. He needs an adult to take responsibility for him NOW before its too late for him.

Last edited:
I am going to set up my purse to see if I can catch him in the act.

Because I really don't know if he took the money. It could have been my mom, or even my grandma and just forgot to say something.

So I'm going to try and see if I can catch the culprit.

I'm racking my brain trying to think, DID I spend that money??

It's just $5, but the point is, if he is getting $5 out of everyone's wallet in the house, he's making money off us.

Quote:
Yeah, who cares if its $5.00 or .50... the point IS, you dont steal from people. Period. Thats grimy, scum bag, low down behavior..and he NEEDS to be held accountable for it.
If you're not sure if you spent the money or not, it may be a VERY good idea to get that camera... you dont want to falsely accuse anyone either!

Quote:
this.

and this:

Quote:
time for him to start taking this seriously.

military school is good too.
as is booting his butt to the curb.

but for any of that you have to get the responsible adults to agree, and then stick to their guns. that's the hard part.

Back
Top Bottom