I need to vent.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gabrielle1976, Jan 20, 2013.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thank you for listening:)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. RavenWood

RavenWood Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2012
    Vanderhoof, BC Canada
    Sounds like you have a lot on your plate to deal with. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better ... all I can offer you is a cyber hug :) Is your landlord willing to compromise at all if you rehome the rooster and just keep the quiet chickens?

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hopefully you can move to another place.Inquire with the landlord about the compromise(no roo),and/or see about other rentals.It is all you can do.

As for the sister that is a shame.Some people find it difficult to be honest(like your complaining neighbor).You could try to meet with her,or even ask her to tell you her honest feelings via phone,email,letter.

She may feel that given your mental and physical issues that being around you is not what she wants for her or her child.Maybe there is something you say/do that upsets her.It stinks,but sometimes that is how people feel even if they won't admit it to your face. She has a right to her decisions,and you should not make her feel bed even if they are things you do not agree with.

All you can do is find out what the problem is,and see if you can adjust so that she is more open to meeting with you.If not I hope you are able to create new relationships with non-familiy that will provide you and your son with some happy times..Hope things work out on all fronts,and very sorry to read about your health issues.Hugs.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awww I am sorry to hear this. Renting presents a whole different set of challenges especially when you are at the mercy of a landlord or neighbors. I would also try compromising wih the landlord to see if maybe you can still keep a few hens instead of getting rid of all of them.

As for the other stuff in your life, I highly recommend seeing a therapist or counselor if you don't already. It would give you another outlet to vent about the struggles you are facing to someone who can truly help you overcome or feel better about those situations.

5. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thank you evryone, I feel much better today Im usually not that bad I just happend to have sevral factors hit me all at once Im sure evryone has had that happen, been listening to Klove an makeing a list of things I have to be thankfull it helps put things into perspective . Talked to the owner about my special needs hen and it sounds like I get to keep her for now, Im very happy about that.
    [​IMG]

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    My first thought when I read your posts was "No! Not Butter!" I know how much she means to you [​IMG] I'm so sorry to hear they are piling even more on your plate now. Can't you find somewhere better to rent without the issues and somewhere you'll be allowed to keep all your birds and go on incubating? If you want to talk to someone or just need a cyber hug you can PM me anytime, O.K?

7. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge

Thank you. He didn't seem happy about butter but he didn't say no so I will be doubley careful I couldn't lose her. I look evry week for another place,online in the paper but they are all really expensive and 99% of them even houses with yards say no pets of any kind

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I wish I could move you guys and Butter over here. These people are so laid back. My landlord is trying to talk me into keeping sheep now. I asked him where the heck I'm supposed to keep them. The lawn? [​IMG]

I hope things work out O.K. for you and you'll find somewhere nice and affordable to live. Where you can keep all your chickens. [​IMG]

9. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Your landlord may be onto something. My dad used to rent a place with a very large lawn. The landlord had sheep. He kept them in the lawn area. The sheep did a wonderful job of keeping the lawn mowed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by