I need urgent help please.

Pics

Hayamz

Chirping
Oct 11, 2016
Hello there , I have a hen that is one year old , she was doing fine until a week ago I found her just laying on the ground and wasn't moving , then when I tried to give her food she crawled spreading her wings to help her , I thought her legs are weak or something so I was giving her calcium sources and she was eating , drinking and even laying eggs , she laid more eggs than she was in her healthy condition , then I was searching what her condition might be and I read about bumblefoot , I looked at the bottom of her feet and they were both swollen and there's a black scrap on both of them , I read about the surgery and I did it !!! I removed the black scrap and cut around it waiting for puss to come out but nothing came out but blood !! I kept squeezing but with no puss or any other unordinary thing came out , so I stopped the blood and put sterilized bandages around both feet and kept her warm and fed her , and I noticed that she only pooped one time that day , and she's not drinking , I had to force her to drink by giving her water in a syringe , this morning there were no improvements , she was the same and laying on her side and her both legs in front of her , I took her to change the bandages but one foot was pouring blood like crazy , I tried pressing for a long time but nothing has happened and I thought this is the end :( I applied coffee on the wound and the bleeding stopped so I bandaged it again , I put antibiotic in her water and gave it to her , she's very lethargic now and she won't eat even her favorite treats , her beak is always opened , her comb and wattles are pale , they were red in the morning , she ate a lot today but she hasn't pooped at all , only once this morning, she laid an egg yesterday but nothing today , the surgery was last night , she's now laying on her side and she seems like she can't open her eyes , she just opens them for a few seconds to look at me and then close them again , I really don't know what to do or how can I save her , please help me I'm so worried .
View attachment 1137059

Last edited:
fa5.jpg
fa5.jpg

Also I can't quite tell from your photos but do you have her on a heating pad?
It hard to fight off infection and regulate body temperature.
It's important that you keep her nice and warm especially if she's inside with you and you have the air on.
A soft blanket would be good. Something not too heavy.
Or throw a few towel in the dryer and turn it on for a few minutes. Take a warm one out as needed.

If she won't eat or drink on her own you can tube feed her. There are threads on BYC or YouTube videos.
If she will eat, scrambled eggs are good. Or even her normal food wet down into a mash. Both of those will help keep her hydrated if she's not wanting to drink. She does need fluids but you don't want them, or food, to go into her lungs.
Nutri Drench is good to add to food or water. It's extra vitamins and minerals to help her feel better.
Right now she is probably tired and stressed. Keep her quiet and in a darker area. She may not have a lot to poop with her not feeling well. Her body is using everything it can out of the food she does eat.
Hopefully someone else can chime in with ideas.
Good Luck and Keep us Posted!

she's warm , she pooped 5 minutes ago but I think it's diarrhea , it's a yellowish liquid poop and it was a lot , probably because she drank more than she ate ? or does it mean something is wrong inside of her ??

Back
Top Bottom