I need you to tell me your funniest chicken fails!! I must crown a winner!!

Pics
When I had a bunch of Silkies, I had three boys in a horse stall together. For a roost, I had a board suspended by two concrete blocks.

Now, two of the boys were rambunctious and out of control, the other, my favorite named Foppa, was the sweetest, friendliest, smartest little guy you could ever meet.

So, to avoid the stupidity of the other two boys, Foppa would stick his head into the hole of the concrete block and lie down! It startled me when I first saw this because I thought "OMG, is he dead?" But I would say his name and out he backed and came over to talk with me (in his cute little "bu, bu, buhhh" way).

It always made me think of the ostrich sticking its head in the sand. It taught me about flock dynamics and to pay attention to the happiness and well-being of my birds!

Well, here's an embarrassing fail. For an entire year I thought my hen, Dorit, was a Speckled Sussex. Her coloring wasn't the rich, mahogany brown--it was more tan, but she was from a hatchery, not a breeder, so you can't expect an exact likeness, I thought to myself. It wasn't until I was flipping through a hatchery catalog that I realized she is in fact, a Swedish Flower hen! Poor little Dorit!

I bought my chickens some Christmas jingle bells, red, green, and silver. I hung them about head height where they would catch some light (sparkly!) and some breeze (jingly!) and get pecked at.

They're afraid of them. They ignore them. They hate them. They won't go near them. All of the above. I shake them to make a pretty jingle sound, and they run into the coop.

A total waste of $5.49. Silly birds.

I nearly gave my my 5-8 week old chicks a heart attack by playing music in the coop for the first time. It didn’t occur to me they hadn’t heard it before and they all ran screaming to the other side of the coop. They didn’t stop shaking for 10 minutes!
Also thought I was going to have to cull my favorites rooster because he started being aggressive out of no where. Turns out he hates red. The weather had turned cold and I had started wearing my red jacket and boots down to the coop. Had to buy a new jacket to wear down to the coop haven’t had a problem since.

Well, here's an embarrassing fail. For an entire year I thought my hen, Dorit, was a Speckled Sussex. Her coloring wasn't the rich, mahogany brown--it was more tan, but she was from a hatchery, not a breeder, so you can't expect an exact likeness, I thought to myself. It wasn't until I was flipping through a hatchery catalog that I realized she is in fact, a Swedish Flower hen! Poor little Dorit!
LOL

I nearly gave my my 5-8 week old chicks a heart attack by playing music in the coop for the first time. It didn’t occur to me they hadn’t heard it before and they all ran screaming to the other side of the coop. They didn’t stop shaking for 10 minutes!
Also thought I was going to have to cull my favorites rooster because he started being aggressive out of no where. Turns out he hates red. The weather had turned cold and I had started wearing my red jacket and boots down to the coop. Had to buy a new jacket to wear down to the coop haven’t had a problem since.
OMG YOU MIGHT WIN!! THAT IS THE FUNNIEST CHICKEN FAIL I"VE EVER HEARD!!

Back
Top Bottom