I NEED YOUR OPINION FOR BEDDING PLEASE!!

What kind of bedding to use on top of the linoleum?

• Sand (Washed Construction Sand Or River Sand)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dirt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straw (Not Chopped)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Pine Shavings (From Feed Stores)

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Pine Bark (From Lowes Or Home Depot)

• Hay

• Leaves

• Organic Cat Litter

• The Linoleum By Itself (NO LITTER)

• Total voters
bahahhaa I havent got them yet.. never had chickens before this is a new experiance for me... I dont live in southern AZ (THANK GOD!) too dang hot down there.. and i dont live way up north in az too dang cold up there.. i live right where is a mix of both.. hot and cold. last year we got snow 1 day lasted about 30 min before it was gone.. and we get major monsoon rains.. once in a blue moon... and during the summer its hot but definietly not as hot as phoenix or south of that.. its about 10-20 degrees cooler here..than it is there... i cant stand extreme heat.. and we moved from northern utah two years ago so we are just loving the fact that we dont have to deal with feet and feet of snow anymore! as for plants... i had about 50 when we moved here (to grow or so i thought) all of them died except my lilies and then the havalinas ate them...grrrrrr..... we have tried planting small trees (starters) and they all died... and because of how the plumbing lines are here its nearly impossible to even have a tree in your yard without busting a pipe because of the roots.. we have to remove the largest tree in our front yard this year because of that reason.

see that pine tree by the front door? its busting all the water lines.. so we will have to remove it this year.. the bush behind the fence on the left is a pomegranate bush... and that ugly unfinished shed on the left in the backyard was there when we bought the house and it has no permit so it will have to be torn down its 14x20 and anything 10x10 and over needs a permit..

Last edited:
Im getting shipped to me monday next week:
2 buff orpingtons
1 silver laced wyandotte
1 gold laced wyandotte
1 black australorp (VERY HEAT HARDY)

because we get both heat and cold here i needed chickens that would do well in both and have good temperments as i have 3 kids under 8. so those are the breeds i chose... well i was gonna get 1 speckled sussex but they were out till june so i got another buff...

HOW HOT IS IT HERE:
right now our highs between 60's and 70's
lows- high 30's

summer: 70's-90's some days over 105 depends... but not too often..

winter: 20's-40's

OUR BIGGEST PESTS: trantulas, cochroaches, scorpions, coyotes, havalinas, black widows, rattlesnakes

Last edited:
That's a really nice coop. May I ask where you found it? All of the prefab ones I've seen are either too small (by small I mean holding 2 or 3 birds) or the materials used to build it were really flimsy. This one looks like it might be a little more substantial. Did you check the reviews on that particular one? Seems like I'd see that appealed to me, then look up some reviews and see that most folks weren't happy with them.

That's a really nice coop. May I ask where you found it? All of the prefab ones I've seen are either too small (by small I mean holding 2 or 3 birds) or the materials used to build it were really flimsy. This one looks like it might be a little more substantial. Did you check the reviews on that particular one? Seems like I'd see that appealed to me, then look up some reviews and see that most folks weren't happy with them.
YEAH i first found it on efowls website... for $289 then i found it on ebay for $209 starting bid or by the same seller for $239 buy it now price.. they also have it on amazon for $240.. but i paid $227.50 from the seller belows auction for the same one ;) i <3 Ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-Outdoor-...861?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e4fa627d

Last edited:
just now seen your house beautiful !! shame about the trees. can you plant natives with tap roots? they mostly go straight down. i would check into the law about that shed. it was there when you bought the house and unless you bought it as is, i dont think you have to tear it up. not to late to get permit. laws differ

just now seen your house beautiful !! shame about the trees. can you plant natives with tap roots? they mostly go straight down. i would check into the law about that shed. it was there when you bought the house and unless you bought it as is, i dont think you have to tear it up. not to late to get permit. laws differ
TY :) it needs alot of work but its a 3 bedroom house for $57,000..that my dad bought for us... so its a deal we just couldnt pass up! nah pretty much anything with roots a rose bush and bigger you dont really want unless you know where all the lines run.. as for the shed.. honestly it takes up a good portion of the yard and unless i convert it into a chicken coop later down the road.. i dont want it.. lol .. it wasnt built the best.. no center support.. (dummies)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom