I Need Your Opinion

redev

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 7, 2012
Awhile back I bought 3 Holderead geese, a trio, to be made up of 2 geese and 1 gander. I was told I could exchange if it turned out otherwise. Well, I actually have 2 ganders and 1 goose and contacted sellers to exchange. This is the response:

We would rather make the exchange after laying season so the stress doesn't interrupt our geese in laying.
Wait until after laying season and we will throw in 1 or 2 goslings to make up for you missing the laying season.

The goose I will be getting is 2 or 3 years old.
Question: What do you think about this offer? Would taking a goose at this time likely effect their other geese in laying? Have they made a reasonable Offer? Would really appreciate replies.

Awhile back I bought 3 Holderead geese, a trio, to be made up of 2 geese and 1 gander. I was told I could exchange if it turned out otherwise. Well, I actually have 2 ganders and 1 goose and contacted sellers to exchange. This is the response:

We would rather make the exchange after laying season so the stress doesn't interrupt our geese in laying.
Wait until after laying season and we will throw in 1 or 2 goslings to make up for you missing the laying season.

The goose I will be getting is 2 or 3 years old.
Question: What do you think about this offer? They want to keep her for the eggs
Would taking a goose at this time likely effect their other geese in laying? Not likely, as moving her will disrupt HER laying some though
Have they made a reasonable Offer? If they first said they would exchange then they should do so sooner than later, but it sounds like they want the income from the goose and for you to wait. What happens if the two goslings are both ganders and then you have way to many males?
Would really appreciate replies.

I can see where bringing in a new goose to their property could cause a disturbance amongst the ones already there this time of year. I think their offer sounds pretty fair too, sexing goslings isn't 100% and getting an adult female and a couple of goslings in exchange for one male seems like a good deal, especially since their stock is so nice.

Wildpeas, what I would be getting is 2 goslings in exchange for missing out on my goose's laying season

So they'll exchange a gander for a goose + a gosling. Doesn't sound bad, but you'll have to factor, what if the gosling turns out to be male, you'll then have 2 pairs & will need to set up a separate pen to avoid future fighting (or process a gander for dinner).

The only down side is if you become attached to the gander you'll be trading in.
hmm.png

Wildpeas, what I would be getting is 2 goslings in exchange for missing out on my goose's laying season

Well then I am confused. In your first post you said that the goose you would be getting is 2 or 3 years old and their email said they would throw in a gosling or two. So would you be getting a goose and a gosling or two in exchange for your gander or just two goslings? Why would you be missing out on your goose's laying season? Do you mean the goose they are going to give you or the one you already have?

I purchased a trio just awhile back. It was supposed to be 2 geese and 1 gander. All three are about 3 years old. I was told if it turned out to be 2 ganders and 1 goose that I could exchange so I would have 2 geese/i gander. They couldn't sex them.

Turns out I have 2 ganders and 1 goose, so I contacted seller to exchange one of the ganders for a goose, as they had promised.

Now, they want me to wait until after the laying season to get my goose and give them back one of the ganders.

If I will wait until AFTERr the laying season to make the exchange, they will give me one or two goslings to make up for causing me to miss the laying season.

So the deal they have offered is actually 1 or 2 goslings in exchange for the laying season of the goose

OK, I didn't realize the ones you had purchased were already grown.

If they haven't outright refused to so the replacement now and you don't want to wait, then you should go ahead and do it. Would the new female still be wanting to lay after the move or would you be losing the breeding season with her anyway? I have not bought any adults so I don't know how that kind of thing affects them.

Back
Top Bottom