I opened the bator during lockdown...

It seems that you all were right! I worried prematurely and unnecessarily. 3 are out with a 4th well on its way. I see a possible pip on a 5th egg. Nothing on the 6th and last egg.

It is day 28. I'm happy with 4 out of 6. It would be awesome if that 5th one is really on its way, too!

It seems that you all were right! I worried prematurely and unnecessarily. 3 are out with a 4th well on its way. I see a possible pip on a 5th egg. Nothing on the 6th and last egg.

It is day 28. I'm happy with 4 out of 6. It would be awesome if that 5th one is really on its way, too!

ya.gif

We all need a little hand-holding at times! That's what we're here for!!
big_smile.png
Congrats!

Great job!!! I can't seem to hatch ducks.

Congrats on the hatch. Just wondering if any of you had any input on why it is important to increase the humidity during lockdown.

Just to kindof modify my last statement, I realize that the high humidity helps to keep everything from becoming a sticky mess, but how is this higher humidity obtained in nature.

Yay!!! Congrats!! :celebrate

Great job!!! I can't seem to hatch ducks.

Keep your chin up, that was one try and with shipped... you'll hatch some... WV is right, try just ducks... :)

Congrats on the hatch. Just wondering if any of you had any input on why it is important to increase the humidity during lockdown. 

Just to kindof modify my last statement, I realize that the high humidity helps to keep everything from becoming a sticky mess, but how is this higher humidity obtained in nature. 

First, any time we take something out of its natural setting, like instead of a broody using an incubator, the rules change...

But really, it's simple... a heater in an incubator is a dry heat, a broody keeps her skin against the eggs for heat which is a moist heat... make sense? :)

Yeah it does, guess I never really thought about the hen providing moist heat, but it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom