I ordered 15 chicks from Mt. Healthy!

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
Well, I've never ordered from a hatchery before, but I chose to go with Mt. Healthy because they're close (less stress on chicks
fl.gif
) and that's where the guys from our feedstore have been ordering from for YEARS. My kids want to show their chickens in the 4h this year, so I ordered from a hatchery for the NPIP cert. Has anyone else ever ordered from Mt. Healthy? I'm really excited. We won't get them until the very end of March, I've been Goat-Roped into taking the kids (and a few of their friends) to D.C. for spring break. I've ordered Light and Buff Brahmas. I hope everything turns out!
fl.gif

I just ordered , a week or two ago, from the same hatchery. My first time as well. I did a lot of reading and could not find any negitive issues regarding My Healthy. At least nothing of significance. We'll have to compare notes on our experinces. I requested a hatch date of 3/7. I'll be posting some info and pics around that time. I have 75 Barred Rock pullets coming...
lol.png

Wow! You must really like Barred Rocks! I can't seem to settle on just on breed. It would make life so much easier for me if I could! Keep me posted on you experience! Good Luck!
smile.png
Love the way you did you Location! Neat! South Central Montana! I'm going to see if my 14 yr old can figure it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
All my chickens have come from Mt. Healthy- that's who my feed store orders from. I've never lost one; when you arrive at the feed store early on the morning they arrive they are always running around in the shipping boxes and ready to go into action with food and water. I've gotten several different varieties (BR, SS, GLW, SLW, RIR, BA, etc.) and I've been really pleased with all of them. I can't wait to place my order this spring!

Back
Top Bottom