I ordered 200 chicks- It's Promiselandfarm & Perfectly_polish's fault

Sooo did you put the order in yet?
wink.png

Quote:
I'm gonna check with Joel tommorrow on his ship dates. Me and Drum are
bumbed over the Comets still.

OK let's all buy that farm in Idaho. I'm sick of limitations.

Quote:
I'm gonna check with Joel tommorrow on his ship dates. Me and Drum are
bumbed over the Comets still.

OK let's all buy that farm in Idaho. I'm sick of limitations.

I just checked Meyers site, you said they have them available for the 15th? When I looked it said they were out of stock
hu.gif
I bet a box of silkie chicks and ducks will cheer Drum up
big_smile.png

Or we could buy a house in NC
tongue.png

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/rfs/779889036.html

wee.gif

Last edited:
I did add dawn to the water and I made sure the water was penetrating with a wooden spoon, agitating the bird. It was still horrible. LOL I also saw a site talk of parafin waxing, but sheesh...

If you find the plucker works, let me know, otherwise, the ducks at the store are looking better all the time.

Skinning a duck is just wrong. Duck skin is the most wonderful of all skins for eating.
wink.png

If you aren't super picky and can stand the occasional down or pinfeather, the meat is worth it. They are fool proof to raise- easier than chickens.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more on the skin. It's the best part.

I'll try and "catch" a duck to try it on one of my pluckers I'm working on.
wink.png

Duck hunting season is coming up. I've never done it but am willing to learn.

Hey PP, got any extra ducks we can try this on? We could drive up this weekend.

Quote:
The only extra one I have is that pekin, not sure how good the meat would be, he's 2 years old. Plus he gets a lot of exercise from chasing the silkies around
roll.png
We have some mallards that swim in the little pond/stream next to our house...bring your paint ball gun
tongue.png

Quote:
The only extra one I have is that pekin, not sure how good the meat would be, he's 2 years old. Plus he gets a lot of exercise from chasing the silkies around
roll.png
We have some mallards that swim in the little pond/stream next to our house...bring your paint ball gun
tongue.png

Hmmm. I wonder what they would taste like. I'd bring a good pellet gun and
Sandy to retrieve them. The CT DEP would love this.

Quote:
roll.png
tongue.png

They don't have to know
wink.png

But I might have some extra ducks, they're about 8-12 weeks now, but I want to sex them first so I can get rid of my extra males.

Quote:

They don't have to know
wink.png

But I might have some extra ducks, they're about 8-12 weeks now, but I want to sex them first so I can get rid of my extra males.

Hey I just checked out your link. (Man I love not being on dial up!) Is there a chick in there with your egg turner? Could it get hurt? nervous mothers need to know these things!

Quote:
They don't have to know
wink.png

Hey I just checked out your link. (Man I love not being on dial up!) Is there a chick in there with your egg turner? Could it get hurt? nervous mothers need to know these things!

You mean my webcam? It's not even on, that might be an old video. But yes the chicks hatched with the turner in there, but off, they all did fine
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom