I ordered 200 chicks- It's Promiselandfarm & Perfectly_polish's fault

I wanna make one that is light, strong, and breaks down for easy carrying and
storage. Only PVC will do that.

No worries. It's just an excuse for another party.
smile.png

I can't believe you two were on here till 3:30 am! No wonder you couldn't remember Sydney's name!
roll.png
(Man, I hope it really is Sydney!)
Oh weird, one of my dogs woke me up to go out right around the time you guys were on here. I didn't think and turned the back flood light on which woke up Oliver. Yikes. Crowing roosters are bad enough in my neighborhood, but at 3:30 am! :eek:

exactly what i was thinking!! 3:30 am!! well, i guess i've done it too. usually i fall asleep and wake up sometime during the early morning and turn byc right back on!!

yes, drumette is sydney. i've made the request for her presence on sun.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
You had a pic of him on your screen? That is so sweet.

By his "Girlfriend" I was refering to the young lady who joined us at the coop party.
I forgot her and her Dad's names(I'm SO bad with names). They got along well.
When I wrote "He needs a little lovin. (Hey, she's a sweet kid. Don't get mad at
me)" it sounded like I was trying to hook them up.
wink.png

OH!! Well I guess I've got some competition then.

Quote:
Just let me know what I can pick up to have available. You know, I probably really don't need a tractor. I've got two dog cages and a dog pen. You've seen the smaller dog cage, it's the one the meaties traveled in to PPs. The pen is a decent size too. What i want out of a tractor is the ease of moving around. What I'm a bit concerned about is housing for the fatties. Maybe I should take pics of what I've got and then we can kind of plan out our Sunday.

Quote:
Just let me know what I can pick up to have available. You know, I probably really don't need a tractor. I've got two dog cages and a dog pen. You've seen the smaller dog cage, it's the one the meaties traveled in to PPs. The pen is a decent size too. What i want out of a tractor is the ease of moving around. What I'm a bit concerned about is housing for the fatties. Maybe I should take pics of what I've got and then we can kind of plan out our Sunday.

Sounds good! What time are we all planning for on Sunday?

Quote:
That's what happened to me. I fell asleep at 9 and woke up at 2:30, rolled around,
then said the heck with it and logged on. I went back to sleep at 4 to get up at 6.
Who needs sleep anyways.
lol.png

Let's put our heads together on Sunday and make some plans. We'll have to hook up
again in a week or two with the extra birds coming so maybe we can meet at
MNC's place and build something on-site.

is Sunday's plan to work on PP's coop and maybe rough draft my needs?

Here's what I have without pics: 200sq ft of run space (I think, only b/c I know i bought 200 feet of fencing). The playhouse coop from Denis' plans. I think it's a 2 x 4 coop with 8 x 4 run. I have 16 birds that sleep in this area and impatiently wait for me to let them out in the morning. They have plenty of sleeping room and ventilation even though the design is not meant for that many birds. I have a large converted rabbit hutch that sleeps 4 bantams and 5 silkies. I'm not thrilled about the ventilation in this coop. Again, the birds only sleep in the coop as they all roam the 200 ft of run area. The six rangers are in a dog pen, maybe 6 x 8 or so. I can move this pen with some difficulty. The birds can and do roast off the ground in the pen. I covered the pen with tarps.

I would like the next batch of meaties to move around the yard killing the grass so that i have less to mow. i think there is room with the current meaties for a decent amount of birds. sorry the long post. i just need to get you all pics.

Quote:
Yes. I want to sit down, with a beer and my laptop, and come up with something
that will be perfect for your needs. We need to talk about budget and make a
materials list. I tend to be a little OCD with this stuff, especially when it's for one
of my son's older girlfriends.
tongue.png

I think I may be jealous.
wink.png

What time is good for you all? Noon is good for us. It takes a while to get to PP's.

Quote:
Yes. I want to sit down, with a beer and my laptop, and come up with something
that will be perfect for your needs. We need to talk about budget and make a
materials list. I tend to be a little OCD with this stuff, especially when it's for one
of my son's older girlfriends.
tongue.png

I think I may be jealous.
wink.png

What time is good for you all? Noon is good for us. It takes a while to get to PP's.

Noon is good here too. But if you mapquest our house, don't put in Oakdale, put in Montville. For some reason if you put in Oakdale it brings you 10 miles up the street
idunno.gif

Don't forget to bring Buck, and the whip
wink.png
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom