I ordered a mix batch of chicks from tractor of color layers but I think I received something else

SweetCotton

Chirping
May 10, 2019
Good afternoon
Need a little advice please,
I ordered a mix batch of color layers
From tractor supply company. They where supposed to be as flawed....
Americana, Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Sapphire Olive Egger, Starlight Green Egger, Midnight Majesty Marans, French Black Copper Marans, or Cuckoo Marans...
But unless they change color as they get older it looks like I got all Americanas ugh
Anyone want to take a look and confirm or disagree with my opion on this batch of chicks... Please and Ty in advance
IMG_20200401_124414.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_124417.jpg
    IMG_20200401_124417.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200401_124422.jpg
    IMG_20200401_124422.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 18
I ordered again and got the same thing..
I don't see one Midnight Majesty Marans, French Black Copper Marans, or Cuckoo Marans on any or the two orders of 20 chicks..

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_124517.jpg
    IMG_20200401_124517.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200401_124515.jpg
    IMG_20200401_124515.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 17
Does it SAY that you'll get all of them or just that you'll get an assortment. It looks like there are 2 types in the top picture, and usually unfortunately assortments normally only have 2 or 3 different breeds

I’d read the description online of the assortment. Seems to me that they say you’ll get any available from the list but some hatcheries state they try to include at least x number of different breeds. TSC got them from a hatchery, so find out which one then look at their site. FWIW, my first order of chicks were assortments from Meyer: rare breed and brown layers I recsll. Although all the chicks were DOA due to USPS mishandling, there was a huge assortment of colors amongst the chicks, which matched their online description at the time of trying to include At least x number of different breeds per assortment.

the first 5 “breeds” you listed are mixed breeds, just like Americans (aka Easter Eggers). The FBC and Cuckoo Marans are only Actual breeds on your list. Hopefully you have some variety in the chicks as they feather out and a nice variety of colors or shades when they begin to lay.

Does it SAY that you'll get all of them or just that you'll get an assortment. It looks like there are 2 types in the top picture, and usually unfortunately assortments normally only have 2 or 3 different breeds
I don't consider 2 type an assortment, 20 chicks total and only 2 breeds isn't a verity of color layers lol... I would have thought if I paid more to not get just all Americana that I would have Gotton one dark layer seeing as I ordered twice and all.. But the post really was asking if anyone saw any other breed then just the Americanas becouse I don't they all look the same breed but diffrent colors..

I’d read the description online of the assortment. Seems to me that they say you’ll get any available from the list but some hatcheries state they try to include at least x number of different breeds. TSC got them from a hatchery, so find out which one then look at their site. FWIW, my first order of chicks were assortments from Meyer: rare breed and brown layers I recsll. Although all the chicks were DOA due to USPS mishandling, there was a huge assortment of colors amongst the chicks, which matched their online description at the time of trying to include At least x number of different breeds per assortment.

the first 5 “breeds” you listed are mixed breeds, just like Americans (aka Easter Eggers). The FBC and Cuckoo Marans are only Actual breeds on your list. Hopefully you have some variety in the chicks as they feather out and a nice variety of colors or shades when they begin to lay.
Ty me 2 , with 20 chicks I just hoping for any dark layer breeds but all the chicks have the same pattern and most are the same color to me they all look like Americanas if they are brown now is there a chance they will change colors 😂 I hate the thought I'll have a all dirt brown flock that lay the same color eggs 😂

Anyone see anything other then the turdishnal Americanas in this group or the other group I ordered...

they look like Ameracanas but the yellow ones i'm not sure what those are maybe Golden comets?
[/QUOTE
I ordered twice 1 week apart and the older ones where yellow like the 2 babies they have the Americana markings they just darken as they grow up a little.. Maybe they will get more color when they father up.. Hopfuly.. Fingers crossed

Ty me 2 , with 20 chicks I just hoping for any dark layer breeds but all the chicks have the same pattern and most are the same color to me they all look like Americanas if they are brown now is there a chance they will change colors 😂 I hate the thought I'll have a all dirt brown flock that lay the same color eggs 😂

I hear ya! One nice thing about EE is they are usually varied. We’ve had some EE look very similar, others look vastly different even if similar as young chicks. As far as egg color, you’ll have to see, bc it depends on the crosses involved as to how blue or green they are and if there are any olive colors. Hopefully you’ll get a mixed look flock with many egg shades!

Back
Top Bottom